R700 Sendero: Opinions?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRMedic

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Henderson, CO
    Ive got a R700 Sendero in .300 win mag that was given to me by my father (shot it once and didnt like the recoil). Its just a safe queen right now but I was looking to bring it back out into the light. I am just curious what the experts will say about it. Also it has a Springfeild armory Gen 2 4x14x56 mounted.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Not exactly sure what the question is and probably shouldn't comment because I am far from an expert but it isn't going to kick any less. If you are looking to develop rifle marksmanship I would sell it and buy something with a tamer recoil signature. It will only cause you to flinch and develop bad habits.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    The rifle is a piece of crap. Really.....you're better off with a nice 700adl in .243. I just so happen to have one that I'll trade you straight up for!!

All kidding aside, the Sendero's are some of the nicest rifles that Remington makes in my opinion. Super accurate, well made, beautiful H.S. Precision stocks, good barrels, and everything that gave the 700 it's reputation. But it doesn't really matter what everyone else thinks does it?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom