Race gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmh

Jan 4, 2009
    Not the best indoor pic because of the rain but it's a start. Tried to put the race back into race gun...

attachment.php

dmh

Jan 4, 2009
    Thanks, been getting creative lately and wanted something aggressive looking:cool:

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Is that the only caliber you can use, or just the most widely used and accepted? Not bein a smartass, I really dont know.

I was, that's my opinion. DMH and I have had this discussion before and we both agree.
    You can build a race gun in any caliber that you would like.
    How many 4 bangers do you see running around the NASCAR tracks on Sunday?

dmh

Jan 4, 2009
    Yep, it's a super, and yep, the red grip was burning a hole in my butt. Had that idea in my head for a while, stayed up till 3 Monday am working on it...

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge

I processed these two about 2 weeks ago, one is a 9x23 is this the same as a 38 super? if not it must be close. I remember these guns were very difficult to break down and the frames were part plastic (trigger guard and handle). Both of these were made in part in Tx. What did you think about this gun you coated?
    David

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Quote:

The main advantage of 9x23mm Winchester is a much strengthened case that does away with the semi-rimmed case design of the .38 Super. The case is not necked down like the .357 SIG, 9x25mm Super Auto G and 9x25mm Dillon, thus allowing greater magazine capacity and better feeding. The strengthened case allowed the much higher internal pressures to be used than would be safe with .38 Super. The 9x23mm Winchester could operate in the 40,000 CUP while .38 Super maxed out around 30,000 CUP.

The event that spelled doom for the cartridges like the 9x23mm Winchester and 9x25mm Dillon in competition use was when USPSA reduced the power factor necessary to make Major, from 175 to 165, which greatly reduced the internal pressures experienced in .38 Super guns shooting loads at Major power factor.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace

I processed these two about 2 weeks ago, one is a 9x23 is this the same as a 38 super? if not it must be close. I remember these guns were very difficult to break down and the frames were part plastic (trigger guard and handle). Both of these were made in part in Tx. What did you think about this gun you coated?
    David

The all black gun is a Strayer/Voight frame with a Caspian slide and C-more red dot sight.
    The two tone is a Chip McCormick frame with a Caspian slide and Clark Recoilmaster compensator.
    The CMC was the first of the modular, hi-cap 1911's and is a piece of history.

Top Bottom