range in NO

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    whats the ranges yall go to in new orleans?
    i'm new to the area here

The Stennis Buffer zone (one of the first exits heading I-10 east in Mississippi) and the Honey Island Swamp (one of the first 5 or so exits on I-12 heading towards ???)

Both are about the same distance from NO. Where in New Orleans are you located?

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    i've been to bayou dragon, gretna gun, and shooters club (NOT david drive). the first two are pretty badly ventilated, but BD is the only place close by where you can shoot a rifle.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Where is BD? I consider the BZ and HI pretty close.

Bayou Dragon is in Crown Point, down Lafite-Larose Hwy towards Lafite. Like greg said, last time at BD, the ventilation was HORRIBLE! As opposed to Top Gun in Houston, where I've shot a bit, they have hospital OR spec HEPA ventilation/filtration.:thumbsup:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I used to go to FITS in Slidell. Its a very nice fairly new indoor pistol range with GOOD ventilation- It even has AC.
    Heading west, I like Nick's in Garyville (Airline hwy about 10 minutes past Laplace). 100 yard outdoor range. Good people too...

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    i'm at river ridge, harahan almost near the huey p bridge.... i'd really like a place close by

any phone numbers to any of these places?

Go the The Shooters' Club at the north end of Hickory (or is it Dickory?) - It's the one that starts at River Road and dead-ends into the train tracks. It has many lanes, lots of space and light and good ventilation. Lots of cops practice there too, and the lanes are about 50' long. It's at the limit of my Ruger MkII's range. Most of the time the guy working there is really nice, but it is affiliated with Shooter's Club, so sometimes the guys working there are jerks like they were on David Dr. Another nice thing about it is you don't get the hoodies coming in wid' dey Hi-Points and Taurus's waving them around like toys.

It's about $12 per hour.

WestBank_Dan

My Ninja dog!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Marrero, LA
    yea shooters club is my favorite place to go. me and my friends go there all the time. some of us live in marrero, and some live in avondale.

only person i like chatting to is the old guy with glasses, very cool guy. all the other guys working there just seem to give off this attitude like they just want you to leave.

babietuan323

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2007
    new orleans
    its so expensive to shoot over here...
    i went to Precision Firearms & Indoor Range in baton rouge cause they had full auto to rent, but when i went over there they had told me they only had a thompson for rent.... i was under the impression that i was going to shoot m4 and h&k mp5 that my friends shot before.... but was utterly disappointed when i got there...
    it was 15/person for each lane. i'm so used to shooting in texas with my friends for free at ranges that i forget how expensive shooting is...
    indoor ranges are ok but real expensive... any nice outdoor ranges for pistols that are cheap?

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    i went to Precision Firearms & Indoor Range in baton rouge cause they had full auto to rent, but when i went over there they had told me they only had a thompson for rent.... i was under the impression that i was going to shoot m4 and h&k mp5 that my friends shot before.... but was utterly disappointed when i got there...
    it was 15/person for each lane. i'm so used to shooting in texas with my friends for free at ranges that i forget how expensive shooting is...
    indoor ranges are ok but real expensive... any nice outdoor ranges for pistols that are cheap?
    honey island is cheap, but it's a bit of a haul. i'm still wondering about the land fill just south of belle chasse. it's obviously not official, but there aint **** there. if the sporting clays place right around the corner from it would open their rifle/pistol ranges, we'd be set. but they don't seem too likely to do that.

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans

Come shoot with me. I have a membership at Shooters, saves us a few bucks.

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    how much cheaper are other places? 15 bucks seems alright to me

shooters club (NOT david drive) is around $12 i think, and that's not TOO bad, i guess.

personally, i want a free-or-cheap place to shoot outside that's a maximum of a 30 minute drive. i don't think that's too much to ask, but apparently i'm wrong ...

ETA - maybe i should just move ... and don't think i haven't considered it ...

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    shooters on hickory is 14.99 for the range and 5.99 for extra person

with a membership its 4.99 for the range and 2.99 for extra person

the membership is 60 bucks for 6 months. So if you go 6 times in 6 months it its about the same. but if you go as often as I do, 2 to 3 times a week, It is worth it. :)

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    shooters club (NOT david drive) is around $12 i think, and that's not TOO bad, i guess.

personally, i want a free-or-cheap place to shoot outside that's a maximum of a 30 minute drive. i don't think that's too much to ask, but apparently i'm wrong ...

ETA - maybe i should just move ... and don't think i haven't considered it ...

BZ is about 45ish away. May cost you more in gas then range charge. But I guess you're free to shoot whatever you like.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    When did Shooters' Club go up to $15? Dang. For that it's not worth it to me. I'd rather spend the money on gas, and shoot the big guns at Stennis.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom