Rant on!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    :mad:2 things that chapp my ass.1 Why is it that when your working trying to get a task done all of a sudden you need to **** real bad and everything messes up ?As if your all thumbs.Then you finaly break down and give up to go take the **** and go back to work and everything goes as planned?
    #2 Why is it that when you see ppl pull up to a handicap spot (And they will have a hanger or tag) 90 % of the time they can walk better than you?
    My rant will be on all day..................Thank You.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    #2 Why is it that when you see ppl pull up to a handicap spot (And they will have a hanger or tag) 90 % of the time they can walk better than you?

B/c it's the same for the majority of everyone else who parks in the in the handicap spot. They ALL get out walking fine so why not take part if you can :p

Being a 50%+ Disabled Veteran in Louisiana you are automatically qualify to own Disabled Veteran License plates for your vehicles. This allows you to park in Handicap parking without a Blue Handicap Card. While I RARELY ever do this I greatly appreciate the option. Especially when its pouring down rain and the parking lot is full....except the 8 EMPTY! Handicapped Spots in the front.
    bk.gif

Last edited:

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I got into a verbal fraccas with some punkass over parking in the handicap stall at wally world. I had -just- walked past a woman who could barely walk, had two arm-strapped cane-type walking aids, to help her get along. They were about 10-12 spaces back from the front. She had a friend or family member helping her. I thought to myself "surely they have a handicap pass" and as I got to the front of the lot, I see some 6'3" jerk getting out of his suburban/tahoe, and jog across the street to the front door. I hollered at him to stop and chewed his ass, and pointed to the hurt old lady I had earlier passed. He said "hey, I got a pass, I got just as much right to park there as she does" at which point I had to seriously restrain myself from AWARDING HIM the 'right' to park there, that he thinks he already had...

ugh...

Alpo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Redneck Riviera
    Puerto Rico has an interesting take on handicapped tags. They have your picture on them, just like your driver's license. So you can't just borrow Grandma's tag, or even Grandma's car. If the person whose picture is on the tag is not in the car, you're gonna get a ticket.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Don't get me started on handicap parking spot abuse....I don't know why, but this really ticks me off...

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Puerto Rico has an interesting take on handicapped tags. They have your picture on them, just like your driver's license. So you can't just borrow Grandma's tag, or even Grandma's car. If the person whose picture is on the tag is not in the car, you're gonna get a ticket.

The ex cop I used to work with gets infuriated over it.

He said -any- time he saw a physically capable person park in a handicap stall, he'd immediately stop what he was doing and ask them whose tag that is. If their reply was "my mom's" or "my sister's"

Instant citation written.

We have the same rules as PR, apparently, but without the pic.

I just want to hobble everyone I see who deliberately makes life harder for those who are truly handicapped by physical disabilities.

My grandpa (RIP) had a tag, because his daughter did the paper work for him. He never parked in a handicap stall that I saw. He could barely walk. He had a steel brace around one ankle, and the other was stiff, from what I understand. At his best, he walked like I would, after I sit on the toilet too long, playing Angry Birds, and my legs fall asleep. But he felt bad for those worse than him, and gladly reserved the spaces closest to the doors for them.

People who don't know how good they got it - **** me off. Their biggest issue in life at that moment is "man, it's gonna take me a few more seconds to walk to the door if I park toward the back" or "ugh, 20 more steps to walk? shiiii-"

The issue in the life of that elderly woman who can barely walk is "Will this be the day I fall and break my hip, just trying to go get a fresh loaf of bread, end up in the hospital, and possibly lose my life?"

*spits on the ground*

F*cking bastards.

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    Don't even get me started on parking. I love walking, and I'd much rather walk than drive. So when I get into a lot, I just park in the back. You're less likely to get your door dinged, and it leaves closer spots for people who need them.

I can't stand seeing 20 and 30 something year olds circling the parking lot for 20 minutes just to get the closest spot. Or the ones who hold up traffic waiting for someone to load their groceries and back out, when there is an open spot, a whopping 3 spaces down. Can't walk the extra 15 feet?

And people wonder why they're fat.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I have a handicap license plate, La. Mobility Impaired picture ID card, and a blue hang tag. If the HC spots are all taken I just park in another spot. I have had a quintuple bypass and my main problem if I can only walk short distances without gettin' outa breath so the closer I can park the better for me. I also have 2 kinds of cancer, diabetes, tumor in left eye, and recently diagnosed with Parkinsons.

Things aren't always what they seem. I always do my best everyday to be independent. Some days are better than others for me. Sometimes I park in a "blue" spot buy am feeling decent that day and someone might say "I wonder whats wrong with him, he seems okay".

I don't fault their thinking.

But I really get irritated when one parks in a blue spot without the authorization to do so.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I like rollin' up to wally-world, parking sideways across 3 handicap spots and then getting out and moon-waling in front of my car.

But yea, I can't concentrate when I have to **** either.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Many years back after work me and several co-workers would wander across the street to a Tom Thumb (in Florida) and partake in many a six pack. Somehow we became the official H/C parking spot gestapo. We hung out on the side of the building, and when they pulled into the H/C spot we were right in the lights. Automatically we were up and shouting, 99 percent moved. The other 1 percent was a warning to rest. The cashiers loved us, we tackled a shoplifter (repeatedly) one time. Ahhh the good ole days......

Last edited:

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I can walk without much of a limp. You would think I was just fine looking at me. What you CAN'T see is the pressure on my spinal nerves from the blown disks in my back that cause me ever increasing pain for every second I am standing/walking! You also can't see that that pain builds and takes hours to subside. I'm the guy those electric scooters are there for and those parking spaces were meant for. I have a card in my wallet that goes with my license plate and my blue mirror tag that identifies me as such.

I will GLADLY trade that card, those tags and that card to anyone who wants to park in those spots if they can take away my pain!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    It's sad- but today a hadicapped person having to walk further puts them at risk for more than just falling....easier targets for robbers, etc....Damn shame.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom