Rant Threadj! Get it off your chest here

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    This is the quote I wanted explained. I don't know how the other one got quoted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks for clearing that up. I was
    hmmm9uh.gif

:dogkeke:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    People that blare rap music loudly in public places (such as roads) [with the exception of football games].

/Rant

K9CopSGT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Lutcher, LA
    When everyone slams on their brakes because a cop has someone pulled over, or slam on the brakes when there is an accident....on the opposite side of the road. Carry on, do not slow down 20mph below speed limit just to rubberneck!!

It is the law to slow down or move over.

If moving is impossible, then drivers must slow to a “reasonably safe speed.”

Last year, the Legislature revised the law’s wording at the request of the State Police, said trooper Gilbert Dardar, a spokesman for Troop C in Gray. The former law required drivers to slow down to 25 mph if they couldn’t maneuver away, he said.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Yes but it is rubbernecking, not people obeying the law. Really only happens on the bonnet carre., I don't notice it away from there

The biggest issue is that they are texting then look up and see blue lights, slam on brakes, almost kill everyone.

Happens on way more than just the bonnet carre.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Okay, here goes my rant.
    Louisiana is the only place where people want to know where you went to high school.
    I swear to you, after teaching at Tulane for many years I still have students who, when they find out I grew up here, ask me where I went to high school.
    They could care less about where I got my Ph.D. at but they really have a need to know about high school.
    What is with that?
    I know that Louisiana is not exactly a bastion of higher education- no denying it- but what is all the fuss about high school?
    While I am on the subject, why is it that people believe that since I am both a Tulane alumni and professor that I would really care whether LSU won their last ball game?
    If LSU wins I am thrilled.
    Hell, I am also thrilled if they lose too.
    I don't even follow sports which is fortunate because Tulane's football team really sucks.
    An actual example of how badly Tulane's football team sucks is something that happened a few weeks ago.
    One of the secretaries in our department gets Tulane season tickets (why?) but could not make it to a few games.
    She placed the tickets on the counter in the department office with a message stating that they were free for anyone to take.
    They sat there for weeks untouched which, in and of itself, is quite a statement.
    As I was leaving the department for a scheduled class I passed by them again and she asked me if I could announce to the class that they were available for free.
    Now grad students don't generally have a ton of money and free is like stink to a fly- irresistible.
    Not one person in the class was interested. Not one.
    Of course I asked them why that was and got the answer that many of them had no clue that Tulane actually had a football team (but were acutely aware of our swim team).
    Just sad.
    Last thought- why is it that people so strongly identify with a certain team that they say "we" when referring to them.
    It's like they are on the team themselves.
    Here's a clip that illustrates my thoughts precisely:

Thanks for reading my ridiculous rant.
    Off to torture more students.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Okay, here goes my rant.
    Louisiana is the only place where people want to know where you went to high school.
    I swear to you, after teaching at Tulane for many years I still have students who, when they find out I grew up here, ask me where I went to high school.
    They could care less about where I got my Ph.D. at but they really have a need to know about high school.
    What is with that?
    I know that Louisiana is not exactly a bastion of higher education- no denying it- but what is all the fuss about high school?
    While I am on the subject, why is it that people believe that since I am both a Tulane alumni and professor that I would really care whether LSU won their last ball game?
    If LSU wins I am thrilled.
    Hell, I am also thrilled if they lose too.
    I don't even follow sports which is fortunate because Tulane's football team really sucks.
    An actual example of how badly Tulane's football team sucks is something that happened a few weeks ago.
    One of the secretaries in our department gets Tulane season tickets (why?) but could not make it to a few games.
    She placed the tickets on the counter in the department office with a message stating that they were free for anyone to take.
    They sat there for weeks untouched which, in and of itself, is quite a statement.
    As I was leaving the department for a scheduled class I passed by them again and she asked me if I could announce to the class that they were available for free.
    Now grad students don't generally have a ton of money and free is like stink to a fly- irresistible.
    Not one person in the class was interested. Not one.
    Of course I asked them why that was and got the answer that many of them had no clue that Tulane actually had a football team (but were acutely aware of our swim team).
    Just sad.
    Last thought- why is it that people so strongly identify with a certain team that they say "we" when referring to them.
    Here's a clip that illustrates my thoughts precisely:

Thanks for reading my ridiculous rant.
    Off to torture more students.

Where did you go to Kindergarten?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    It does suck to see a 5 mile traffic jam behind me when I do 60mph but it keeps people from calling in complaints.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    I'm not complaining about the LE, I'm referring to the idiots that are afraid to go faster than them.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    fat lazy liberals that petition for legislature to tax/ban/restrict specific foods or beverages because they know whats best for the rest of the country (even though they, themselves are a disgusting fat lazy liberal). Just because you are too irresponsible for your own body to keep it in any respectable shape, doesn't mean that I shouldn't be allowed to enjoy a box of donuts loaded with trans fats after running a half marathon. get out of my kitchen.

Furthermore, I propose "a dumbass stamp" on EVERY product sold in America. Food, tobacco, alcohol, advil, cough syrup, bleach, fireworks... everything.: too much of this product used the wrong way can kill you. if you're lazy or stupid enough to find out how, its called NATURAL SELECTION. Use at own risk.

damn this might be the first thread in the history of this forum that made me feel better before even pushing "post reply". Thanks op

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville

You have really piqued my interest on what profession these mindless drones hope to become apart of?

I am far from a football fan, although I do watch it if I have nothing better to do, to be unaware Tulane has a football team is pretty pathetic. Doubly so if you actually go to school there.

Last edited:

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    I can't stand bicycle riders who ride on the wrong side of the road, pedaling head on against traffic. I mean, Come on. Get on the right side of the road and operate your bike like any other vehicle out there. We even have laws that tell them to do this yet nearly everyday I see some idiot pedaling against traffic. When they come towards me I lay on my horn and steer over and run them right off the road. I've had a few go careening across ditches and sidewalks after I force then off the asphalt. I rode bikes for years. I learned from an early age to obey the rules of the road and how to properly ride. The idiots I see weaving around and riding against traffic deserve no slack and get no pity from me.
    On the same topic of bike riders... Idiots who ride bikes which are clearly way to small for them. Seriously, if you are a 5'11" guy and you are heading down main street on a BMX bike built for 6 year olds you should be ashamed. Get a properly fitted bike for heavens sake.

You really need to see this video- NSFW- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFicqJFz5R4 -NSFW.

Top Bottom