Rapides best

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I just watched an RPSO officer leave our driveway with his blue lights flashing and it was a good feeling. Earlier I had experienced a freaky incident that even Jody said didn't make sense after I got him on the phone. I've stayed many nights alone, probably in the upper 100s, maybe low 1000s. Tonight was the first night I called 911 for an officer to check around the house.

All was well. He arrived and said he specifically looked for juveniles along the road ditch. I agreed, it's the summertime. Didn't find anything but I watched him drive real slow out of here. He seemed pretty thorough and very cordial. Made sure I felt welcomed to call again if I heard anything more. Didn't get a brush off at all. A small bit of self doubt was there that I was wasting his time. I'm not so jumpy anymore although I'll probably hang on the couch with Ian and drive over to Moms first thing in the morning so I can catch a catnap and not worry about chasing a five year old.

I hoped I wasn't interfering with a busy night with real emergencies. It took him 15-20 minutes I think to arrive. And that's ok. He could have been wrapping up something else. But I'm glad I know how to use a firearm and how quick I went after it without a second thought. I was fully prepared to defend myself. I don't even think he noticed I had my Glock on the table behind me. Now that part of the situation I wasn't sure how to handle so I left it visible and pointed towards my empty bedroom, away from the living area and porch.

Funny thing was I was so nervous after I hung up with 911, I was calling Spec back. I had "911" on the brain and my fingers punched in those numbers. So I'm on file twice tonight. I thought I hit the disconnect as soon as I hit the last one in time, I realized what I was dialing the same moment I was hitting the 11. Not so. I got a call back. Way to go Cat. Apparently that must happen from time to time. She sounded like it did.

So any member here that's on with RPSO, and specifically the officer responding to the 2AM Philadelphia Rd call out... Thank you. I may not sleep tonight, but I'm not keyed up worse than a junkie right now either. :)

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Now here is a quandary. I actually want to try to sleep. I do not want to be far from my Glock. The five year old WILL beat me awake in the morning. He's next to me.

Good times... Good times.

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    really, you gotta call the cops for every little bump in the night? go out and investigate it yourself. don't bother the cops for that kind of stuff. they gonna want a raise if you keep disturbing their doughnut feeding frenzy.

did you think it was an internet fan and suddenly doubted your firearm skills?

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    really, you gotta call the cops for every little bump in the night? go out and investigate it yourself. don't bother the cops for that kind of stuff. they gonna want a raise if you keep disturbing their doughnut feeding frenzy.

did you think it was an internet fan and suddenly doubted your firearm skills?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

CAT did the correct thing !

leVieux

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Hell ya did GREAT CAT!! Good quick thinking! If there is NO immediate danger, let the LEO handle it, now once the DANGER is immediate and they enter/invade your comfort zone, BLAST their asses!!

As far as anything different.....try and remember to give the responding officer a little EXTRA thank you!

Don't you know BOOB shots are ALWAYS the PERFECT THANK YOU? LOL

:bravo:

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Ha Ha or the rear view of a G string provided the rear is not an acre wide.
    You did good, Cat. IF any goon tried to break in they would have become swiss cheese in short order and the cops would be drawing chalk outlines around their inert bodies and not yours.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Ha! He was cute, but young. Nice eye candy for a couple minutes though.

Passed out at 5, woke up at 8. Spec won't be home until late but his Sunday morning honey do is to add another section of floodlights by the garage. I'm not normally in the front towards the road at dark. Different disturbances, more vehicle noise than the bedroom (music) or living room (TV). I usually flip the lights on outside, dim the inside lights and the entire backyard lights up. The way our house is, we don't use the front at all, our driveway comes around the back and people naturally come up our porch so we don't have floodlights where I could look out the garage. The more I sat on it, the more keyed up I became. Silly but it's done.

Rusty, I'm wasting my time, but what part of first night in hundreds of nights did you miss? I've stayed awake all night many many times where I'm nervous but pretty sure I was making things up. Last night I was positive at the time something was out for a moment.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    There is NO shame in calling the cops when you THINK something is going down! If I hear gunfire in my neighborhood, I call it in. When someone was casing my house and harrassing us (for no reason), I called the cops. That way at least I had it on record that there WAS an issue and I was the victim and if it went South after the fact, there was a record that I tried to let the cops handle it.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    It was probably as much of a pleasure for him as it was a relief to you. Most cops its seems like spend 95% of there time dealing with the crappiest part of our society that it is probably a relief to interact with the subset of the population that is a productive part of society....

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Apparently there is a correlation between the amount of sleep Mom gets, and the levels of activity the boychild shows the next day.

We're about to go for that highly coveted video game he's been harping on for weeks.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I've always had good dealings with RPSO. They are very polite and the ones I've delt with very very understanding and didn't play down situation at all. I'm glad they were there to make you feel better and you really did do the right thing by calling. You never know with kids these days. Get 2 or 3 bad kids mixed with 3 good kids and you get 6 bad kids that rape and kill people and try to blame it on video games.

cheese

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Apparently there is a correlation between the amount of sleep Mom gets, and the levels of activity the boychild shows the next day.

We're about to go for that highly coveted video game he's been harping on for weeks.

:rofl: I know exactly of what you speak.

Top Bottom