Rare Glock Picture Thread. Other than the norm.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    One more not-so-exotic, but not-quite-stock Glock.

Gen4 Glock 23 with Glockworks 3.5# connector, smooth face trigger/trigger bar, 6# trigger spring, 4.5# safety plunger spring, and 5# striker spring. Looking to get a 9mm conversion barrel for target shooting to save a few $'s and because I have never owned a 9mm. Also, if SHTF, I will have the option of both 9mm & .40 in case one caliber gets harder to find than the other.
    aefd7608-1056-dadd.jpg
    aefd7608-1096-14ac.jpg

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    G17 Mariner( Philippines) :
    glock-17-05-mariner.jpg

G17 Tactical( Philippines):
    scaled.php

G17A(Austria):
    17A.jpg

G22S(external factory safety):
    G22S-1a.jpg

G17Pro (Finnland):
    1276106258.jpg

G17DK (Denmark):
    glock17dk-v.jpg

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    And I fall victim, yet again, to impulsive urges.

I was perusing Brownell's site the other day, looking for a tool for the lab, and stumbled across these optic-ready slides (don't ask me how I got from "tools" to "pistol slides"- I can hear Jeremy chuckling now). Supposedly, the Trijicon RMR is a drop-in on these. The slightly larger RMR window, coupled with tall suppressor iron sights, are said to be the key to picking up the dot quickly during the draw. My lack of progress with THAT is why I have yet to carry an RDS-equipped pistol. Well... that and I really don't want to give up my HKs, but this loss of visual acuity thing is really starting to suck.

So I said what the heck, let's give it a try. An RM02 and tall irons are enroute as we speak. But I can already see that the larger, more forward-mounted RMR ain't gonna conceal as handily as the JPoint install I've got (see post # 3). I definitely have my work cut out for me in terms of finding a suitable holster.

But that can wait until I see if this is gonna work for me. Hey, its a new project... or, a continuation of an old project. I've been dicking around with RDS-equipped pistols, off and on, for over three years now.

BTW, if anyone is interested, I saw where Suarez wrote that once Brownell's is out of these slides, there won't be any more. I guess his company has gotten big enough where they don't need the benevolent assistance of an industry giant. IOW, if you want one without having to pay TSD's inflated prices, better order it now.

I call dibs on this when you sell it next month!

ebayareaguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    Slidell,La.
    Here's my model 29.It's not rare,just a decent carry set up.

Attachments

• IMAG0255.jpg
      IMAG0255.jpg
      221.1 KB · Views: 69
    • IMAG0261.jpg
      IMAG0261.jpg
      205.2 KB · Views: 74
    • IMAG0262.jpg
      IMAG0262.jpg
      232.4 KB · Views: 70

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I want an FDE Glock so bad I can taste it. But my connection is saying they will not be available until Sep or Oct at the earliest.

I think you need to check your connection.

Your internet connection that is.

Got me a G19 FDE for $575 shipped. Arriving at Jefferson Gun tomorrow if UPS ain't lyin.

That was after I foolishly didn't accept Kevin's kind offer to allow me a lay a way on his last one, at $529 per blaster. Went back the next day and it was gone pecan.

Gunbroker CAN be your friend, if you let it. :) Couple of them now out there from $545 to an insane $800 per pop. As to Lipsey's doing another run of these...uh...yeah...sure they will. Right after they come out with the Glock carbine. Hear that one is up on the block first. :)

Last edited:

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA

I was perusing Brownell's site the other day, looking for a tool for the lab, and stumbled across these optic-ready slides (don't ask me how I got from "tools" to "pistol slides"- I can hear Jeremy chuckling now). Supposedly, the Trijicon RMR is a drop-in on these. The slightly larger RMR window, coupled with tall suppressor iron sights, are said to be the key to picking up the dot quickly during the draw. My lack of progress with THAT is why I have yet to carry an RDS-equipped pistol. Well... that and I really don't want to give up my HKs, but this loss of visual acuity thing is really starting to suck.

So I said what the heck, let's give it a try. An RM02 and tall irons are enroute as we speak. But I can already see that the larger, more forward-mounted RMR ain't gonna conceal as handily as the JPoint install I've got (see post # 3). I definitely have my work cut out for me in terms of finding a suitable holster.

But that can wait until I see if this is gonna work for me. Hey, its a new project... or, a continuation of an old project. I've been dicking around with RDS-equipped pistols, off and on, for over three years now.

BTW, if anyone is interested, I saw where Suarez wrote that once Brownell's is out of these slides, there won't be any more. I guess his company has gotten big enough where they don't need the benevolent assistance of an industry giant. IOW, if you want one without having to pay TSD's inflated prices, better order it now.

Not compatible with Gen 4. :(:(

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
    - Jiddu Krishnamurti

SqueeDAB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Noladishu, Karjakistan

Way I hear it, Suarez is trying to maintain a certain image/standard. If some less-than-smith level DIYers muck up the build, he doesn't want it reflecting poorly on his company.

And, he wants the most on his return, and the DIY route shaves some dollars away.

Some very cool Glocks on this thread, gents.

Top Bottom