Recently acquired on trade: Sig Sauer P226 Elite Platinum: Range Report

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Sig Sauer P226 Elite Platinum in 40 S&W.

The previous owner never fired it. The elite has the up swept 1911 style beaver tail. The Short Reset Trigger (SRT) which in SA allows for 60% less trigger reset than normal P226's. Adjustable combat night sights. The platinum upgrade included machined aluminum grips and a stainless steel upper. Also the handgun came through Sig's custom shop. This would be the third Sig I own and the first not from Germany. I know that they've been making about a zillion different models as of late. But I thought this one was actually very nice looking. My favorite looking Sig by far. I hope that it will shoot well without having to return to New Hampshire. It definitely has the best trigger of the three both in DA and SA.

Last edited:

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    Nice!!!! Are those grips aluminum? I remember looking for some grips for my P229 and saw a set of polished titanium online for $1000. Crazy! So I settled for green damascus G10

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Yes they're machined aluminum grips. They're very thin, much thinner than wooden or plastic ones. So since I have smaller hands it works very well for the trigger reach for me.

Dave

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Great looking pistol other than the grips. I bet it will be a great shooter as well.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I got back from the range last Thursday. I shot about 200 hundred rounds through the P226. They were reloaded by me. Some were 200 grain, some were 155 grain, some were 180 grain. All were lead. No jams, No failures at all. Very accurate handgun. The only thing I had done to it prior to going were polished the feed ramp.

The aluminum grips had the same problem that I thought they would as my CZ75 with aluminum grips had. The screws wanted to back out. What cured the CZ's problems was placing a rubber O ring better the screw and the grip. So I put four rubber O rings in between the screws and the aluminum grips. I'll see next time I go out how they work.

So at least this modern New Hampshire made Sig Sauer worked just as well as my two older German made ones.

Dave

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom