Recommend a Good Beer!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • au01st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Alexandria, LA
    I'm also a fan of Chimay.

My usual beer with meals or relaxing is an IPA. I did like the Grapefruit IPA from Abita and wish I had found it before it was out of season. Sierra Nevada, Two Hearted Ale, Good People IPA, and Straight to Ale Monkeynaut IPA are some of my favorites, the latter two are made in Alabama and I loved being able to support local businesses. Mostly developed my taste for bitter beers in college; I found other people didn't like them and if I left a 6-pack in the fridge it remained there until I drank it.

This is how I spend my afternoons now.
    10176073_10102055769403501_8670583708957896052_n.jpg

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Shiner bock black lager is my currently favorite to drink with a meal. I buy it every time I go to rouses. Abita amber is always in stock at my house. When I want something sweeter and light I'll go with a blue moon with a twist of orange (similar to how people drink carona with lime)

If you want whole foods has a large collection from all over if you wanna try some brands out.

tonen123

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Central, La
    if you live in baton rouge the bulldog bar lets you taste the beer before you buy.....i like canebrake, tin roof, santos, dirty blonde kinda like bluemoon, and the KCCO beer is pretty good too.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Thanks for the quick response... Seems like people like beer lol..... I'll have to grab a few different one's suggested. I live in slidell but work in N.O. I think I might lean toward something sweeter ?

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Foster's Lager. Crisp, clean taste when cooold.

Tsing Tao (ching dow) with Chinese food.

Just something about Busch to satisfy a thirst on a hot, muggy, summer day while doing yard work.

Last edited:

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    My list: Ziegenbock, Shinerbock, Abita Amber, Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan, MIchelob Amber or Amber Bock, and my fishing/grass cutting beer, Coors Light..I usually have either Ziegen or Shiner in my kegerator at any time..Ziegen used to be a Texas only beer till a couple of years ago. It was good enough to me to drive over there to Beaumont to get a keg of it till we were able to get it locally..good stuff!!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Guiness, Bass, and, believe it or not... Bier 33. I'm not usually a big beer drinker. I usually head for Woodchuck if they have it.
    Laagers is another good place to try different beers.

A friend threw a party a while back. He supplied the food, everyone else dropped off 2 unusual 6 packs the day before as admittance! The catch was they had to be unusual. We spread out the ice chests by country of origin and set up sample cups. it was great!

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Which Craft in Houma has an extensive selection of beers. Go and tell them what you like and they can help you choose.

God I love that place...

They started bottling it last fall. Had a very expensive night that I don't remember when they hit the shelves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

I've been getting Andygator in the big bottles for years, but yeah they just started bottling it in regular 6-packs. Cost-effective, delicious, and fairly strong!

If you like Blue Moon, try Hoegaarden. Seriously, it's similar except better in every way.

If I'm in the mood for dropping some coin, I've never had a Sam Adams Imperial I didn't like. Watch it though- they'll run you $12 or so for a 4-pack usually. But so worth it...

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    All you Andygator fans... pick up some Purple Haze as well, mix it 50/50. It cuts the overly sweet purple haze, and calms the alcohol harsh of the andygator into a damn near perfect brew. You are welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom