Recommend a traffic lawyer in Baton Rouge?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    So I got a careless driving ticket a ways back and had the court date extended. Well now its coming up again and Im a bit worried. It was suggested that I go talk to the DA before the trial begins and plead down. Problem is, I always pay first and never go to trial so I have no idea what I'm doing. After reading about all the successful traffic defenses using a lawyer on here I thought it might be a better way to go since I'm clueless in a courtroom. (never even had jury duty.) Can anyone recommend a solid (hopefully inexpensive) lawyer that works the Baton Rouge city courthouse?

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I would talk to the DA and see what he can do. If its the first ticket of this sort you can probably do an Article 894? and have it taken off your record if you remain a good boy for 6 months and not get any more. Lawyer fees would probalby be more than the ticket cost.
    I guess it depends on if it involved a wreck or what you were doing to get the ticket if a lawyer is needed.

Last edited:

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    I've had speeding tickets and just paid em. So I don't think I'm eligible for an 894. How does one go about talking to the DA? Do I go to their office in person? Do they hang out somewhere specific before court starts? I really am clueless as to how to defend myself on this.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Go to the DA's office (usually at the courthouse). You won't likely talk to the DA in person but if you tell the clerk what's up they'll often have a form you can fill out. But if your court date is fast approaching or if he doesn't like your driving record you're likely SOL.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    Sorry I couldn't reply back yesterday. Had to attend a funeral :(.

Thanks Charlie12. It looks like I may still be eligible since I've never taken advantage of the program before. If I can't work anything out with the DA's office before my court date that may work. When the judge asks how I plead, do I just ask to file an 894? how to I ask for it?

Thanks jatwood87 I'm going to try to find their office tomorrow morning and see if there's someone who can help. Court is approaching rather rapidly, but it couldn't hurt to try.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Sorry I couldn't reply back yesterday. Had to attend a funeral :(.

Thanks Charlie12. It looks like I may still be eligible since I've never taken advantage of the program before. If I can't work anything out with the DA's office before my court date that may work. When the judge asks how I plead, do I just ask to file an 894? how to I ask for it?

Thanks jatwood87 I'm going to try to find their office tomorrow morning and see if there's someone who can help. Court is approaching rather rapidly, but it couldn't hurt to try.

Yes, you plead guilty and request an Article 894.

Top Bottom