Red and Green flickering light in sky over NOLA this AM

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I too see a flickering light. but i live in Nyc but its changing all different kind of colors. i just thought i leave it here. im not trolling but i too is alittle freaked out
    Don't be freaked out. It's normal. It's been this way since the beginning of Man's existence on this planet.

Our own history says we were brought here by beings that are responsible for our growth. They look like us just far more advanced. We called them "gods" but they are not.

The "angels" in the Bible, Ezekiel's wheel, etc., etc. may be a lot closer to "you and I" than we can imagine not some mystical beings/events.

What I saw did not freak me out it made me very, very curious. I'd wait till the Fall every year and look southwest, low in the sky and see "my" oddly blinking "thing". I then began to scan the sky and guess what? They are all over the place.

Truth be told I was told this and began to look for Self and lo and behold they weren't lying.

I think it's cool; shows what we are capable of if we'd stop the incessant wars for material resources.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    A buddy and I were going to the camp about 12/15 years ago,three o'clock or so in the morning, and this streak/ flash/ plasma beam appears across the sky, I thought a nuclear bomb had went off, some other hunters already at the camp thought the same thing, a father turned to his son and told him he loved him and was holding him, of course nothing happened, that was the coolest swamp gas I have ever seen.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Did it appear to be hurling itself towards the airport? I see those lights ALL THE TIME in Northern EBR parish.....WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON??!!?? :run::run:

:p

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    It was the Illuminati scouting out their prey

but in all honesty, I have seen a **** load of weird **** (thats a lot) in the skies lately. Not insinuating UFOs, but idk wtf it is.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    A buddy and I were going to the camp about 12/15 years ago,three o'clock or so in the morning, and this streak/ flash/ plasma beam appears across the sky, I thought a nuclear bomb had went off, some other hunters already at the camp thought the same thing, a father turned to his son and told him he loved him and was holding him, of course nothing happened, that was the coolest swamp gas I have ever seen.

Dont tell me, toward your north a little. If it is what I saw it wound up being a piece of space junk that entered atmosphere. Lit up the woods around the natchez trace headed toward Grand Gulf. I was on the way to deer camp in Port Gibson on that night with my Dad and good lord was it bright. We thought the plant had went up till the radio reports started.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    my sister just called and said to go outside and look up just over the horizon for Hartley's Comet. first thing I thought of when she told me it looked like flashing red and green lights right over the horizon, was of course, this thread...

don't you just love a happy ending!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/103P/Hartley

http://topnews.com.sg/content/25557-hartley-2-comet-will-be-visible-today

hartley-2-comet.jpg

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I was heading to a Saints game earlier in the year (end of the Preseason IIRC) with my girlfriend and her family. Right about the time we came over the high rise, I spotted this perfect black ring in the sky, parallel to the ground. It was by far the craziest thing I've ever seen-- perfectly round, perfectly proportioned, floating about two to three hundred feet in the air. No clouds around it, no trails or wisps-- just a black ring, that appeared completely solid.

I watched it for a while and tried to snap some pictures (crappy iPhone camera), and it began to dissipate some as if it were a puff of smoke. I lost it when we pulled off the exit. Like Mjolinir, it freaked me out a little bit at first, but mostly, I was REALLY curious.

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    I was heading to a Saints game earlier in the year (end of the Preseason IIRC) with my girlfriend and her family. Right about the time we came over the high rise, I spotted this perfect black ring in the sky, parallel to the ground. It was by far the craziest thing I've ever seen-- perfectly round, perfectly proportioned, floating about two to three hundred feet in the air. No clouds around it, no trails or wisps-- just a black ring, that appeared completely solid.

I watched it for a while and tried to snap some pictures (crappy iPhone camera), and it began to dissipate some as if it were a puff of smoke. I lost it when we pulled off the exit. Like Mjolinir, it freaked me out a little bit at first, but mostly, I was REALLY curious.

That black ring was from some kind of pyrotechnics class / show that was going on in City Park

Top Bottom