Red Dawn / Pick Your Weapons

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curdog77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Zachary
    Ak47
    Glock 22,23,21,30. any of these will do
    Remington 1100 tactical 12ga
    can I please take my Ruger mark 1 as well?

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    If memory serves me, that QZB-95 is just one component of an entire line of weapons...the TYPE 95/97. Same receiver and mags, but many different varieties. The 95 fires a 5.8x42mm the chinese developed. The type 97 is nato 5.56mm.

A carbine for the navy...shorter and lighter
    A LMG as a squad machine gun...heavier, longer barrel
    Basic infantry weapon...or the "normal" version
    I believe, although I cannot find proof, that an accurized sniper version was also developed.

Also, the reason you don't have one....I do not think any have been imported (yet). Although, I saw something like this at Dave's in Lafayette today that looks strikingly similar. I may go back tomorrow and double check now that I know what I may be looking at. I just don't have much love for bullpups short of the PS90 & the AUG.

The following was taken from wiki, so have your grains of salt handy ;)

Two sporterized, semi-automatic only rifles based upon the QBZ-97A assault rifle and the QBZ-97B assault carbine have been developed for the civilian market, the Type 97 rifle and the Type 97A carbine. They are chambered for the .223 Remington cartridge and are fed by STANAG magazines.[16][17]

Type 97A carbines became available in Canada in 2008, were classified as Restricted by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), and sold to general public. In January 2009, a shipment of Type 97 firearms was approved by the RCMP for retail sale, but later confiscated and seized by Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officers.[18]. Around the same time a second shipment of Type 97A restricted firearms was also stopped by CBSA. On March 22, 2010 about 35 civilian owners of the Type 97A carbine originally imported by Lever Arms of BC (The only version ever available for sale) were sent notice by the RCMP indicating that status of their firearm have been changed to 12.2 prohibited (Fully automatic), and owners without such a firearm license have 30 days to turn in their Type 97A firearm to either individual or business that has such a license, or to police for destruction[19]. Law suit requesting reference hearing, challenging this change in classification have been initiated by some owners.

Hehe...that article kinda matches my signature below. :D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom