RED Flags (Read Between the lines)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SicilianSecrets

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge/New Orleans, LA
    Ok... About 2.5 years ago a newbie with no rating or reviews wanted to meet me in Baton Rouge. He had the gun, I had the cash. We set everything up via text message prior to the day of the meet. Simple enough; I would be in BR for business and we would meet by the interstate. Guy says he is lost, changes the location to some random street. I arrive and message him, and he tells me he is in the woods by a fenced in power plant substation, and to drive down a dirt road for about 10 minutes and he would meet me back there...

I kept my cash and went home.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Ok... About 2.5 years ago a newbie with no rating or reviews wanted to meet me in Baton Rouge. He had the gun, I had the cash. We set everything up via text message prior to the day of the meet. Simple enough; I would be in BR for business and we would meet by the interstate. Guy says he is lost, changes the location to some random street. I arrive and message him, and he tells me he is in the woods by a fenced in power plant substation, and to drive down a dirt road for about 10 minutes and he would meet me back there...

I kept my cash and went home.

And you reported this to the site staff... Right...?

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    I haven't done many deals but I refuse to "deal" without at least one phone call.
    If they can't handle that oh well.

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    Most of these 'red flags' seem pretty legit. The biggest issue I have is, I am one of the offshore workers. And you can bet that the 'deal' I've been waiting on will show up when I am at work. That being said, every time this issue has come up, a private message had worked things out. I'm my case, a paypal payment or at the very least, a 'deposit' has been sufficient enough to hold the object for me until i was back on land. I refuse to send my wife to make transaction, just because I couldn't live with myself should the deal go 'bad'. That being said, I have conducted transactions with members & their spouses and had zero issues. So keep in mind that not all offshore workers are shady. We are just restricted in the way we can do business at that time. Not everyone offshore has phone access, or are even in the same time zone as you are. Just my .02$.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Most of these 'red flags' seem pretty legit. The biggest issue I have is, I am one of the offshore workers. And you can bet that the 'deal' I've been waiting on will show up when I am at work. That being said, every time this issue has come up, a private message had worked things out. I'm my case, a paypal payment or at the very least, a 'deposit' has been sufficient enough to hold the object for me until i was back on land. I refuse to send my wife to make transaction, just because I couldn't live with myself should the deal go 'bad'. That being said, I have conducted transactions with members & their spouses and had zero issues. So keep in mind that not all offshore workers are shady. We are just restricted in the way we can do business at that time. Not everyone offshore has phone access, or are even in the same time zone as you are. Just my .02$.

Understood and agreed !

Last edited:
    Top Bottom