Red Jacket Firearms Birthday Bash 2012!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Hey guys.. its Charlie here. Its that time again. The first weekend in June, in Woodville, we will be hosting the Red Jacket Firearms Birthday bash. Please send an email to bash@redjacketfirearms.com with the names of who will be attending with you.

There will be a few rules as well:

You can NOT have a loaded gun off the firing line. No CCW , nothing . You can NOT have beer or any other alcoholic beverage . You must be over 18 years of age . Rude behavior of any kind will simply not be tolerated . You will be required to help with clean up after the shoot.

We are planning to have ammo for sale there, as well as working on upgrading the food and drink stands.

Now , " Who's invited ?" If you're reading this , then you are . please send an email to bash@redjacketfirearms.com and request your invitation .
    Copy and paste this into the email that you send us, please, for each person that you are inviting, and then fill it out:
    FULL NAME:
    ADDRESS:
    PHONE:
    USERNAME:
    FORUM:
    EMAIL:

We'll send you your invitation , which will have all info ,maps and meet spots.
    There will be a 'cover charge' this year, however, we have not decided how much as of yet, and are working to keep it down.
    As a side note.. there is a HUGE bowling congress here in Baton Rouge for the next few months. Call and reserve your hotel rooms soon. Woodville is a little bit north of Baton Rouge, about an hour. Another option for hotels would be Natchez.

See you soon. We hope to make this a bigger and better party than ever before.

***UPDATE****
    The cover charge will be $50. Cash. At the gate.
    Also.. I need EVERY one who is coming.. spouses, girlfriends, domestic partners, friends, etc. to join up to the forum, post in this thread, and send the email with the required information. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Rabbit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    Wasn't here for last years event..... is there a cost? is it a shoot? a competition (run n gun type)? just hang out and watch them blow stuff up "Red Jacket style"?

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have to wait a few days to send mine in, waiting to get a confirmation from my stepdad who is in Wisconsin right now. I'd rather send one email than have to worry about ammending.

Do we need all the details for our guest too or just the primary? Last year I was able to just ad a couple names no problem.

Oh and I guess I'll bring the skeet thrower again since so many people loved shooting 10 saigas at a time at it lol

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Wasn't here for last years event..... is there a cost? is it a shoot? a competition (run n gun type)? just hang out and watch them blow stuff up "Red Jacket style"?

Just a shoot, really. You can shoot RJF's guns or bring your own. And, yes, there will be 'splozhunz. :D Well, there were last year, anyway.

ETA: There was no charge last year, but the OP has been edited and there WILL be a cover this year, but price is TBD.

Will kris be there spitting ill rhymes y'erd meh?

LOL. He seems like a good guy from meeting him last year, but no rhymes that I heard. Ha.

Last edited:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Ok, I decided to help people out that haven;t been to one

Things to bring;
    Sunscreen!!!!
    Water
    ice
    shade <-- plan to group up since there isn't room for 100 tents and ez-ups
    water
    ice
    shooting gloves of some kind <--- if it's half as hot as it was last year, you may possibly burn your hands on that black P7 that I set on the table for 5 minutes like I did
    water
    ice
    chairs
    water
    ice
    snacks
    water
    ice
    ammo, lots and lots of ammo
    water
    ice
    baby wipes
    towels
    good attitude

It was super hot last year, and leaving to run to the store really isn't a great idea since it would be almost 45 minutes round trip. I can't recall the name of the grocery store offhand, but the owner was VERY nice last year. We loaded up on little extras, that we forgot while we were waiting to finish corraling everyone out of the parking lot.

Try to load everything you'll need before heading out there as the store just isn't large enough to accomodate the massive horde trying to load up, but they'll have plenty of the stuff you forgot to bring. Water is crucial, I can't stress it enough.

Having a hat that provides true shade is a very good idea. You can wear shorts, but I don't recommend flipflops or anything like that. You want closed toed shoes when the casings start hitting you. I wore shorts last year and my calves were on fire from the sunburn, so I'll probably wear some long pants that are very light. Do not wear a shirt that you really like. The guns are going almost non-stop and the guys are using VERY liberal amounts of lube to keep them going, and that stuff WILL get all over your shirt. It will also get all over your arms, hands and face, so bringing some babywipes will help you stay clean and not allow the gun oil to help increase the rate of sunburn. It'll also keep you from using your drinking water to clean up all the time.

Mark all of the magazines that you bring. There are a TON of guns and even more mags all over the place, it becomes very hard to identify whose are whose. If you are bringing guns, use some means of identification that will hold up to some abuse. Colored electrical tape around the grips or stock will help.

If you plan to buy ammo, bring cash. They crew had TONS of ammo at very reasonable prices, no gouging or anything like some other shops would try to do. If you want to shoot the MK19, bring several benjamins, rounds aren't cheap.

Easy ammo to bring, 7.62x39, 12ga (high brass for the saigas), 22lr. That will let you shoot a LOT of the guns.

I'll see if I can find a link to the pics I took of all the guns from last year, that will give any newcomers a good idea of what to expect and what ammo to bring.

I met a lot of VERY nice people out there, and we were swapping our personal guns left and right to just to check them out. It was like everyone wanted to share their guns with everyone else.

I blame TX_oil for making me get a SlideFire after he "forced" me to nervously go through 4 mags in his AR. I was terrified to overheat his gun and he just kept saying go for it lol. MyTFAL also hates me a little bit because I forced him to shoot my USP Hybrid, right after he got rid of his USP for a shotgun :confused: and he's still waiting for me to release a duplicate of it to replace his lol

It's as good a time as you allow it to be.

-------->>>>>Pics from last year<<<<<--------

Last edited:

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    To Whom It May Concern:

Will that super sweet Barrett M82(I think, whatever the .50BMG rifle was) be out there again this year? If so, I would love to shoot it. I'll pay for the ammo even.

Also, if this is your first time, as last year was for me, take heed to the wise man, RyanW. That pretty much sums up anything anyone can really say for a first timer. It was INSANELY hot last year, and I just hope and pray that it's at least 10* cooler this year, or it's going to be hellish again. Most of RJ's guns are steel or some other metal types, and they were seriously hot enough to burn your hands. Heck, even my P22 had my hands good and warm at times.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I almost forgot. If it's in the same place as last year, there is no reception, from any cell phone company. It's a few miles drive to get signal. Keep that in mind

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I'm sorry I will be watching some Paint DRY...and some of my grass grow lot more exciting...have a nice Hollywood life...

Yeah, totally uncalled for. These are great guys from Will all the way down. They're not being bought off into the L.A. bullcrap, believe it or not.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    JESUS H CHRIST people this is not a red carpet Hollywood premier party. Its a bunch of people getting together to shoot a bunch of cool guns that most people only see in Call of Duty. The guys from RJ work very hard to put together a great event. Something they don't have to do. If you don't want to go then fine but STFU and don't ruin it for the rest of us.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Getting hot on this thread with all the heat from the haters. If you are disenchanted with the show, this ain't where you vent.

Sadly, there's no way I could go. Money is tight. Sorry. Maybe next year.

Top Bottom