Reducing weight of a Timney drop in trigger

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    I have a 4lb Timney AR-10 drop in trigger that I pulled after getting a two stage. I would like to be able to use this trigger in my MP 15-22 with a slidefire however, slidefire could not guarantee that a 4lb would work. They say 3.5 max. I am a complete novice to triggers. Is there any way that I can lower the pull weight down to 3-3.5 in order to get it to work with a slidefire?

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    I very well could be wrong, but will an AR-10 trigger group fit & function in an AR-15 frame?

Otherwise, some timney triggers have an adjustment screw for exactly your purpose. Other triggers however come preset from the factory. I'd try to find the documents that came with the trigger, crawl around on Tinmey's website for some support documents online or contact Timney directly.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Get in touch with Timney and see if you can order the springs.
    And just to be sure, check the part numbers for AR10 and AR15 timney triggers and see what's up. I know the lowers are different, so it may not fit your .22

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    I contacted timney and it will fit the 15-22. After that I sent an email about the weight but haven't heard back yet. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    Timney told me to ship it to them and they will convert it to a 3lb trigger at no charge. The manager that I was talking to said that it will be done and shipped back the same day they receive it. Top notch customer service.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Just what I'd expect from them. They're a great company with a very good product. I've got a bunch of their triggers in many different rifles. You'd have a hard time getting me to try anything else.

Glad it's working out for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom