Refinishing a CZ 75 in Baton Rouge?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sc00by

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Hi, I recently picked up a rather scruffy looking old CZ 75 from Cole's Distributing on gunbroker. It seems to be in good functional condition, but looks like it was the old enamel finish, which chipped; and looking closer at it, it looks like someone did some home "touch ups" with some black paint in a few spots, don't know if it's duracoat or krylon, or whatever. There are patches that look a slightly different shade of black, and a couple of runs etc. The gun was made in 1989, everything seems to match and be original.

I own a few pistols, including a pre B made in '92; and that CZ is my son's favorite. He's just turned 21, so I wanted to get him a "real" pre-B CZ 75 of his own, and this fits the bill.

I've seen threads on the CZ forums about how nicely these pistols clean up, but I don't trust my own skills to go beyond swapping out the recoil spring and grips. I'm looking for someone to "pretty it up" for reasonable. This won't be a carry gun, more of an heirloom and range gun (and nightstand gun). Blued would be preferred, but a black coating would be ok too. Thanks for any info on price ranges

CSavant

Gunsmith
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Baton Rouge, La.
    We can fix it up for you. I think it would look great with a nice black Cerakote finish. We can get it back to as close to new as possible! Bring it by or give us a call!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom