Reliable Class 3 in Lafayette Area?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Looking for a Good reliable Class 3 to do a few transfers in the Lafayette area.

I live in Maurice, and talked with Landry who was very helpful, its just a tad far away, but if I cannot find anyone this way, I will be heading over to see him.

Thanks

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    I'm no help, I just wanted to know if you are going trust or sign-off. And, if it's the latter, is Couvillon signing off on it or. . . I wouldn't think Maurice PD would be in for that kinda thing. Hopefully I'm wrong.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I am definately going to go the trust route. Where is custom guns? I might stop by there tomorrow?

I have 3 items on an Ohio trust, and just moving to the Maurice area.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Thanks, I am going to check them out tomorrow. Looking at getting a Degroat 9mm Nano and a Thompson Machine Clandestine C AR-22...

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Well Custom guns is probably a no. $150 per transfer. I pay about $35 at my old dealer. Even $75 would be reasonable, but no way I will pay $150. Landry, I will be calling you next week.

Last edited:

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    No... These are new transfers, my old ones are staying on the Ohio trust. Getting a Degroat 9mm Nano can, and a thompson Machine Clandestine C A-22 Integral.

bjb550

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    After talking to people at local gun shops in the Lafayette I was told that Belsco on Verot, in Lafayette was the place to go. Others have said that landry308 was the way to go but it's out of the way for myself to. So far no problems with Belsco, ordered an Element .22 total cost was bout $595 plus like $33 to ship (bought it on the tax holiday) and then the $200 transfer tax when it comes in . So far the only problem I've had is waiting for the slow BATF transfer, but I guess thats the nature of the beast. Been in a few times just to check up on the process and they were more than helpful.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Diesel,
    There is a sticky at the top of this section about creating a trust for NFA items. Read it and if there is anything else you need to know, just ask.

The quick version is a trust requires no LEO signoff to get your items and others can be listed on the trust.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom