Reloading Benches

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    I am forced by living in a house full of women to use the backside of the home office table/desk for both of my Dillons, I use a full lumbar supported chair, all tumbling is done in the garage, Square B for all pistol calibers and the 550 for a crap load of .223's, I spend a lot of time in this room, the other side of the desk is used for small gunsmithing projects, basically this is Dad's domain!!

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I'm still working on it, but it's coming along. Forrest
    attachment.php

U ain't right Forrest! :p

Nice setup.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    You'all had definetly inspired me to utilize my Tax money into reloading equipment, I have a guest house that could be an awesome place to turn into my reloading heaven. Can anybody teach me how to reload once I get my equipment setup, and can somebody maybe put up a minimum required equipment list of what is necesary to reload 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP????????, I would really apreciatte it.

Thanks in advance.

welco425

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm still rather partial to what we bought at Sam's for <$200. I could have never built one this nice for even twice the money.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=329601

AND, this little matching unit fits under half of it and has a lock.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=384394

I purchased the 4 Drawer Storage Cabinet from sams. I have my reloading supplies, ammo and gun-tools in it. i do not have the press mounted on it. This has been a good purchase and I am taking a friend to Sams today to get one

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Boudreaux, quit puttin them pics on here! It ain't right to tease others. Does Peg know that you are pickin on me?
    Curtis, tell me again, why shoud I not hate you? A wife that likes wood working, you gotta be kiddin me?

ForrestB

Wife Shoots Also
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Luling, La.
    Boudreaux, quit puttin them pics on here! It ain't right to tease others. Does Peg know that you are pickin on me?
    Curtis, tell me again, why shoud I not hate you? A wife that likes wood working, you gotta be kiddin me?

Scooter, I'm not teasing you, Peg would not allow that. Curtis and I are just giving you idea's for your new reloading room at the new house. Can't wait to see some pic's. See ya soon, Forrest :D

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.

But it ain't all gravy...she apparently also likes installing slate floors on our porch...which I'm helping with today. Escaped for a moment, but then back to the salt mines.

If I had any room for another piece of reloading furniture, she'd owe me one for this job ;)

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Get out! Your wife built that for you, or did you take it over?

Built to spec...with additions as necessary. She's a real handywoman when it comes to making sawdust :D

Lower cabinets below the bench hold shooting gear on one side, powder and such on the other. Removable trays on shelves hold parts, etc. The big cabinets on the right hold bullets, bins, cartridge boxes, etc., as well as books. Tubs underneath the bench hold clean brass, tubs underneath the cabinet on the right hold range gear.

A smaller bench out in the utility room holds separate bins for various calibers of brass, a tumbler, media separator and cabinets for jugs of media.

I thought I was ready to run with the big dogs until I saw Forrest's setup. :shocked:

Roc 1972

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    St. Charles
    Those are some great set-ups. Instead of making a new post, if I can, what would be the one piece of advice/knowledge ya'll could pass on to s/one interested in want to start this reloading "addiction". Thanks for any input.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    Those are some great set-ups. Instead of making a new post, if I can, what would be the one piece of advice/knowledge ya'll could pass on to s/one interested in want to start this reloading "addiction". Thanks for any input.

Buy good equipment from the beginning. Decide what you plan on reloading and go from there. When I first started out, I played around with different OAL and powder amounts. I loaded a mag or two of each and saw what load I liked best. Be sure to log your reloads so you can reproduce it if you like it.

Oh and when you can find primers in stock, buy them. If ordering online your powders and primers will incur a $20 hazmat fee right off the bat so ordering bulk is best.

Top Bottom