Relocating to Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Come on, it was a joke! You have to admit, Livingston Parish does seem to have its share of labs, scientists, and test subjects.

And, BTW; I don't live in Baton Rouge. :cool:

Yes, meth labs are common in rural America. :cool:

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Check out Denham Springs which is just East of Baton Rouge on I 12.

Going toward Denham and I12 is going into the worst traffic, I used to go that way when I lived in Broadmoor.

Hopping on 10 east is much better, despite the construction, having done both

Knave

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry for the semi-late response.

Before I saw where you would be working, I was thinking of a couple places that were more "on the campus side" of town, but weren't run down, completely full of noisy drunk students, and so on, but still conveniently located to a good bit of the conveniences in that whole area.

Then you said where you were working, and it's basically walking distance from the places I was thinking of.

Keep in mind I have no idea at all what they charge though.

http://www.liveatmansions.com/templates/template_aclewis/default.asp?w=mansionsintheparkapts

http://www.cobblestoneatessenapartments.com/

http://www.chateaux-dijon.com/Apartments/module/property_info/property[id]/12999/

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Come on, it was a joke! You have to admit, Livingston Parish does seem to have its share of labs, scientists, and test subjects.

Really???? And the whole time I've been here I thought it was just a weird coincidence that everyone in the trailer park ran their dryers at 3AM :mamoru:

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Going toward Denham and I12 is going into the worst traffic, I used to go that way when I lived in Broadmoor.

You need to drive that route more often. Since they finished construction on 12, I'm able to drive from the Mall of Louisiana to Walker in 35 mins. A lot better than the 90 mins it used to take me.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

Hopping on 10 east is much better, despite the construction, having done both

You should get out more often and see that the I 12 traffic going East toward Denham Springs from the 10/12 split is not as bad as the traffic on I 10 going East toward Gonzales.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry for the semi-late response.

Before I saw where you would be working, I was thinking of a couple places that were more "on the campus side" of town, but weren't run down, completely full of noisy drunk students, and so on, but still conveniently located to a good bit of the conveniences in that whole area.

Then you said where you were working, and it's basically walking distance from the places I was thinking of.

Keep in mind I have no idea at all what they charge though.

http://www.liveatmansions.com/templates/template_aclewis/default.asp?w=mansionsintheparkapts

http://www.cobblestoneatessenapartments.com/

http://www.chateaux-dijon.com/Apartments/module/property_info/property[id]/12999/

I was going to live at the Mansions. Then they became shady with their prices and started changing things on my lease. I know he said he'll be working at the VA on Essen but honestly, the hospital traffic on Perkins/Essen etc is insane. I don't understand how people do it everyday.

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    You should get out more often and see that the I 12 traffic going East toward Denham Springs from the 10/12 split is not as bad as the traffic on I 10 going East toward Gonzales.

I get out 5 days a week :D and i drove that route last week at 3pm on a Thursday. It's certainly better since they finished the "corridor of death", but it is quicker to clear traffic going the other way IMO

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The traffic is crazy on Essen, so I would not recommend living near there even if you're in walking distance to work. You're better off living 15 minutes from work, but in an area that can get around in, or away from, more easily.

If you tell me your budget for rent, or if you're open to buying, I can give you much better advice.

Tate

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    If you're going to be working on Essen, I'd recommend something on Perkins Rd. Oakleigh apartments are fairly nice and in your stated price range. There are a few others in the same general area, like those mentioned on Bluebonnet. I've lived in Baton Rouge all my life and South BR is the best area of town in my opinion. I work on Essen and most days make it home to the Perkins/Seigen area in about 12 minutes in 5 o'clock traffic.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    not going to buy, somewhere between 850 and 1100

They don't deliver but there's a Chinese place on Jefferson in the strip with Deangelo's pizza behind the bank that is really good. Owned and operated by a couple with 3 kids they are there from 10AM to 10PM 7 days. Don't see how they do it but the food is pretty good. I think it's King's Wok.

Tate

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    There are a few Chinese places that deliver in BR. I can't remember the name of the one I always used to call when I lived in the garden district.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom