Remanufactured Ammo thoughts?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • notasheeple

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I've never thought of reman ammo until now.

What are some thoughts from people here who have used it?

I would be reloading the brass from the reman ammo.

Any comments/pros/cons are appreciated.

Thanks.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I buy reman from Freedom Munitions all the time, never had any problem. I get 38, 9 & 45. Also got some 308 for my son. Everything seems to be the same, except the price. I suppose there is a slightly greater chance of a bad shell, but they have a process to clean and I would expect they check the cases before using them. I just buy what they have in stock, sometimes the reman is out of stock, so I get the regular. But I have no issue with getting reman, at lease from FM.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I buy all my ammo through Freedom as well. I do have to say that I have shot 2000 rds of 9mm reman from them, but went back to new. I don't have a chrono, but the ammo just felt week and I had a few fail to fire as well.

I have never had any issue with their new ammo and have decided to just pay the extra couple of cents per round.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    Reman is reloaded ammo, really. It's just done in a factory instead of by hand. So using reman cases is the same as using new ammo cases, just they've already been fired before. Just inspect the cases before reloading them, which you should do in any case (see what I did there?).

West

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Baton Rouge, louisiana
    Never used reman yet, but Ive heard great things about Freedom Munitions. A guy in one of my Vata classes was using Atlanta Arms reman and he never had an issue.

I have used factory seconds before and never had an issue.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I've never thought of reman ammo until now.

What are some thoughts from people here who have used it?

I would be reloading the brass from the reman ammo.

Any comments/pros/cons are appreciated.

Thanks.

Google is your friend.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Only reman ammo I've used is Freedom munition, and I will never buy any again. Literally bought 1000's of rounds from then, all in 9mm, both new and reman. The accuracy of the 115 gr is poor to say the least, cycles most of my pistols just fine though, but when you are trying to group and are wondering why your groups are larger than usual, it kinda sucks. Every once and again, it'll have a dud where it looks like a hard primer/light strike.

As far as the 147 gr, it will not cycle my 9mm AR at ALL. I shoot AE 147, Lawman 147, Fiocchi 147 and 158, and winchest 147 100% on my rifle, yet Freedom munitions will make it a single shot rifle.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    I'll vote freedom munitions also. But i've put many more rounds down range from Precision Delta. I've had zero problems with their 40s and 38s. The S.O. went thru many thousand rounds over the years in training ammo. I ant speak to their HP offerings but target ammo was as good as any other commercially available.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    Only reman ammo I've used is Freedom munition, and I will never buy any again. Literally bought 1000's of rounds from then, all in 9mm, both new and reman. The accuracy of the 115 gr is poor to say the least, cycles most of my pistols just fine though, but when you are trying to group and are wondering why your groups are larger than usual, it kinda sucks....

Maybe this is why I can't hit a target with my Glock 43 at 20+ yds...do fine with my S&W 686 though, even the Taurus snub nose 38spcl is easier to shoot than the 43.

Top Bottom