Remember when...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    .....you could buy giant sacks of oysters on the side of the road for $3-5.00?
    .....you could sell the fish you caught?
    .....they use to have a black bear hunting season in Louisiana?
    .....the speed limit was 75?
    .....there were the nuclear fallout shelter "signs" all over schools, hospitals, buildings, etc.?
    .....when state workers actually looked forward to helping you?

swood

dood
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    West Monroe
    I remember when....
    all phones had cords attached
    we had to cook/heat food in an oven instead of a microwave
    I played Pong on an old black & white TV that weighed about 50 pounds
    we never wore seatbelts in my dads oldsmobile delta88
    we bought Albums instead of CD's
    I thought 8-track tapes were the coolest thing!
    I had to use the key to unlock my car instead of pushing a button
    we had to watch whatever was on TV....before those wonderul VCR's came along
    all us neighborhood kids rode motorcycles and 3-wheelers with NO safety eqiupment (and lived to tell about it)

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Betamax.

betamax.jpg

120px-Betamax_Tape_v2.jpg

RobFMJ

Texan Transplant
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Houma, LA
    I definitely remember riding my bike everywhere I needed to go, walking to school, and being respectful (or getting an ass-whipping if I wasn't!).

Only 23 myself, but the pervasiveness of the internet and communication-related technology over the last decade and a half has changed things incredibly. I think its good that people our age have both the benefit of knowledge on how to employ that productively, and the experience of how things were done without it.

I know they say "well, every generation thinks the next one is spoiled/disrespectful/rotten," but the past few years have produced such a palpable shift in societal expectations of youth that, combined with younger generations radically different attitude towards what technology is necessary (or appropriate), leaves me unable to relate to people only 4 or 5 years my junior.

Get off my lawn

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I definitely remember riding my bike everywhere I needed to go, walking to school, and being respectful (or getting an ass-whipping if I wasn't!).

Only 23 myself, but the pervasiveness of the internet and communication-related technology over the last decade and a half has changed things incredibly. I think its good that people our age have both the benefit of knowledge on how to employ that productively, and the experience of how things were done without it.

I know they say "well, every generation thinks the next one is spoiled/disrespectful/rotten," but the past few years have produced such a palpable shift in societal expectations of youth that, combined with younger generations radically different attitude towards what technology is necessary (or appropriate), leaves me unable to relate to people only 4 or 5 years my junior.

Get off my lawn

I can't really get along with anyone more than 2-3 years younger than me. Most people younger than that just irritate me. I'm only 24, but again, I was raised by my mom's parents and they were RED...NECKS! Children were not to speak unless spoken to, and doing otherwise resulted in a butt spanking and punishment. Acting a fool in church? May the wrath of God rain down on you. Being disrespectful? You might as well start digging your grave.

Most of you won't like this one, but...

The Smoking Section.

Ahh...I went to a Sicily's Pizza just outside of Biloxi in 2009 and they had a smoking section. :D I don't smoke, but still.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Remember when you could get in the movies for 3 bucks a ticket?? Just got back from the movies with the GF and my wallet is hurting. I remember sneeking into the dirve in a couple of times in the trunk of the car when i was a kid

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Remember when you could get in the movies for 3 bucks a ticket?? Just got back from the movies with the GF and my wallet is hurting. I remember sneeking into the dirve in a couple of times in the trunk of the car when i was a kid

It cost like 14¢ to get in, so with a quarter, you had a penny for the penny candy machine and 10¢ to splurge on popcorn and a candy bar.

Of course this was circa 1950 . . . . . .

When you turned 12, admission went up to 39¢

At the greasy spoon down the street you could get a cheeseburger and frosted root beer for less than 50¢ and a dollar's worth of gas would get you somewhere.
    :squint:

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Charles Chips
    MTV only played music videos
    Typewriter
    Home made root beer
    Camps on lake in Little Woods

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    I recall when pay phones lined the streets of Lafayette, and even LJ Alleman had one for a time in my tenure there, and life was innocent and simpler. The computer had Windows 95, upgraded to 98, and a 56 kpbs connection. I would not return to it unless I would have Mrs. MacElroy again as a teacher.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    * Playing with Hot Wheels
    * Naked Vietnamese children running and crying on the cover of Life magazine
    * The roller rink would come to town and stay for 4-6 weeks
    * The dime store was on main street
    * AM radio was more commonplace than FM
    * Most A/C was window units
    * Parents spanked children with out fear of government interference
    * Bell bottom pants were in
    * America actually had a manufacturing base

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I remember "fighting" in elementary school consisting of wrestling, and you usually were still friends afterwards.

I remember public elementary school with three classes in a grade, and the classes were divided by how smart the kids were--how politically incorrect!

I remember playing marbles for keeps at recess.

I remember high school when it was perfectly fine to have a shotgun or rifle or both in a window rack in the pickup.

Top Bottom