Reminds me of China and Russia

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    The problem is there are assumptions all around.

Half are assuming nothing happened before.
    Half are assuming something happened before.

The fact of the matter is that none of us will know why, who, when, whatever in regards to the use of force in that case.

Assumption is below us.........

:cool:

crawfish

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    south of 90
    but seriously, it being a girl is whats a little upsetting. Many people despise the G20 globalist type of thing. If incidents like this are all that happens, it's a good job by officers.

Digger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From watching the video of the oakland incident the Police did not overreact. I rember the 1968 Riots in Chicago. That is when the Police used to just bash them in the head with their Riot Sticks and send them to the Hospital. That happened a lot back then with all the anti-war protest that was going on at the time.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Jimmy Dean Syndrome in action. I believe some folks want nothing more than to get their asses kicked by law enforcement on camera, and find a way to put themselves in the situation to make it happen.

No one knows WTF happened except two cops and one girl that probably won't throw a bike at a cop again. Arguing about it is just idiotic. There's no right or wrong here, and no one is going to change their opinions anyway. :)

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    Hmmmm...intresting thead. Anyway, a lot of these people are nothing more than full time protesters. That's their life. Is what they need to be doing is putting in a full day's work. Just think what this country would be like if every lazy, abled bodied, unemployed, person entered the work force. Oh wait! If every one was working no one would be getting a tune up and the cops would be doing something else.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    You would be surprised how many PM's I got. LOL. It was funny.:mamoru::mamoru:

I almost sent one to say stop, you look silly :D But I guess the pmers are sillier.

Based solely on the video, I would have choked the crap out of the fat cop until his buddies pulled me off, however being that she is a G2 protesters and the riot dressed JBTs are there already, chances are there are some extenuating circumstances not seen in the video. I've learned you can NOT always take videos on the Internet at face value.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    Did yall happen to read his signature? IDK but its not in any of his post, but its on his profile.

To guard against private criminals we have been able to turn to the State and its police; but who can guard us against the State itself? No one. For another critical distinction of the State is that it compels the monopolization of the service of protection; the State arrogates to itself a virtual monopoly of violence and of ultimate decision-making in society. Murray Rothbard, For a New LIberty

Hmm...since when have cops bee able the be EVERY where at once and protect EVERYONE? I know cops do a lot, but they are not the only defence against criminals.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Did yall happen to read his signature? IDK but its not in any of his post, but its on his profile.

Hmm...since when have cops bee able the be EVERY where at once and protect EVERYONE? I know cops do a lot, but they are not the only defence against criminals.
    Way to take it out on context. It is talking about State protection in general. Such as the old Latin saying, "Quis custodiet ipsos custodies." Translates into, "Who will guard the guards themselves."

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The problem is there are assumptions all around.

Half are assuming nothing happened before.
    Half are assuming something happened before.

The fact of the matter is that none of us will know why, who, when, whatever in regards to the use of force in that case.

This thread should have ended with that post . :)

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Sorry, she cleary tried to hit him. It is the same as if she would have taken a swing at him. Besides. They were clearly moving the crowd, and the video does not show what happened before or how many times she was told to move on, or if she did anything before.

Hell, even the reporter said numerous times "She threw her bike at an officer!"

Got what she deserved. Should have gotten her lazy ass off the bike and moved when told.

She would have slung that bike at me like she did in the video she would have been arrested. Maybe Not as roughly, but from what she did in the video, I am OK with it.

It I tried to throw my bike on a cop, or anyone for that matter, I would expect an ass whipping.

My comments:

The protesters should have left as told.

The cops were initiating violence by pushing the bikers with their batons.

The young lady lost her cool and responded in kind.

Excessive force to knock her off of her bicycle.

Nothing else needed to be seen prior to what we saw.

We live in a POLICE STATE whether YOU or I like it or not. We've been warned over and over and what did we do? Ridicule those who told you; ignored the plight of the so-called minorities who received the brunt of it somehow believing that "they all deserved it". Well, who is tasting the boot now? Still worth ignoring? :confused:

Next Item

During these types of events we have Anarchists - paid by Big Money Interests to cause the media to focus on them. This has been documented time and time again (whether or not YOU heard it on the 6 pm news is another matter). I would not party with many of the black clad, red bandana wearing individuals. In fact, I'd go so far to say the only thing I have in common is that we live in the same nation. The Elite have a Two Pronged Approach: the top (legislation) and the bottom (street activists). The violence is taped and displayed across the nation to do several things: show police brutality as well as demean the honest Americans who were there who are not affiliated with the Anarchists. Game, Set, Match.

It has also been reported numerous times of the Agents Provacateurs present in such crowds urging the hooligans to violence. On many occasions these agents provacateurs were undercover law enforcement agents.

Sleep on if you "must". And, no, this is not all addressed to nolacopusmc. Many (not all) on this website (as throughout society-at-large) haven't a clue and don't know that they don't know.

And to the gentleman who responded "I'll have my rifle soon" may I ask what, pray tell, will you DO with it? Do you think you'll cause all of this to just go away because you have a rifle? C'mon, man THINK. They are just itchin' for you to use force and they'll shoot you down where you stand. And feel totally justified in doing so. We don't need "martyrs" we need informed individuals behaving in a Godly manner acting COHESIVELY. Anything else will be a disaster.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    Watched the vid.

Force used > force required

What did that girl weigh, 115 lbs? It doesnt matter what was said, they could have easily arrested the girl without hitting her, throwing her to the ground, and dragging her away.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    My comments:

The protesters should have left as told.

The cops were initiating violence by pushing the bikers with their batons.

The young lady lost her cool and responded in kind.

Excessive force to knock her off of her bicycle.

Nothing else needed to be seen prior to what we saw.

We live in a POLICE STATE whether YOU or I like it or not. We've been warned over and over and what did we do? Ridicule those who told you; ignored the plight of the so-called minorities who received the brunt of it somehow believing that "they all deserved it". Well, who is tasting the boot now? Still worth ignoring? :confused:

Next Item

During these types of events we have Anarchists - paid by Big Money Interests to cause the media to focus on them. This has been documented time and time again (whether or not YOU heard it on the 6 pm news is another matter). I would not party with many of the black clad, red bandana wearing individuals. In fact, I'd go so far to say the only thing I have in common is that we live in the same nation. The Elite have a Two Pronged Approach: the top (legislation) and the bottom (street activists). The violence is taped and displayed across the nation to do several things: show police brutality as well as demean the honest Americans who were there who are not affiliated with the Anarchists. Game, Set, Match.

It has also been reported numerous times of the Agents Provacateurs present in such crowds urging the hooligans to violence. On many occasions these agents provacateurs were undercover law enforcement agents.

Sleep on if you "must". And, no, this is not all addressed to nolacopusmc. Many (not all) on this website (as throughout society-at-large) haven't a clue and don't know that they don't know.

And to the gentleman who responded "I'll have my rifle soon" may I ask what, pray tell, will you DO with it? Do you think you'll cause all of this to just go away because you have a rifle? C'mon, man THINK. They are just itchin' for you to use force and they'll shoot you down where you stand. And feel totally justified in doing so. We don't need "martyrs" we need informed individuals behaving in a Godly manner acting COHESIVELY. Anything else will be a disaster.

I agree. However, not all these protesters were violent anarchist. The main reason for protesting the G20 was the "new world order" and international groups affecting domestic policies. At other g20 events, police were caught dressing as anarchist and causing violence. This is a reported thing, not some myth.
    We are living in a police state. Soft tyranny is making its transition to hard tyranny.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I agree. However, not all these protesters were violent anarchist. The main reason for protesting the G20 was the "new world order" and international groups affecting domestic policies. At other g20 events, police were caught dressing as anarchist and causing violence. This is a reported thing, not some myth.

We are living in a police state. Soft tyranny is making its transition to hard tyranny.
    I never stated that "all of anyone was anything". Nor did I intend on insinuating that. When people dress in symbolic colors of bloodshed, evil, etc., then what exactly are they "stating"? Dressed in black from head to toe with black or red bandanas does not appear to be "godly". Follow the money trail and what do you find? George Soros, et als, financing such "protesters". I saw the exact same thing in Detroit during the Malice Green Police Beating Death. They pulled up all dressed like thugs - in nice chartered buses. The local Black community did not cause any problems but these troubled agents provocateurs sure as Hades did.

We both know that these "critter" types are the minority at these demonstrations. The media focuses on them and the gov't agents who are disguised as protesters encourage or initiate the police response - all before the camera. It paints the WHOLE of the protesters as violent rabble.

We agree. :)

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

Are you retarded? Think for a second...just one. That is stupid.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Dont you cops know you get more flys with honey. He should have just asked her nicely to move. No need to shove her around.

OK, OK, I'm kidding. Beat that hippie down.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Are you retarded? Think for a second...just one. That is stupid.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/may/10/g20-policing-agent-provacateurs
    "When I was in the middle of the crowd, two people came over to me and said, 'There are people over there who we believe are policemen and who have been encouraging the crowd to throw things at the police,'" Brake said. But when the crowd became suspicious of the men and accused them of being police officers, the pair approached the police line and passed through after showing some form of identification.

The use of plain-clothes officers in crowd situations is considered a vital tactic for gathering evidence. It has been used effectively to combat football hooliganism in the UK and was employed during the May Day protests in 2001.

Here is an article about it happening in NYC
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/22/nyregion/22police.html?_r=1

Undercover New York City police officers have conducted covert surveillance in the last 16 months of people protesting the Iraq war, bicycle riders taking part in mass rallies and even mourners at a street vigil for a cyclist killed in an accident, a series of videotapes show.

In glimpses and in glaring detail, the videotape images reveal the robust presence of disguised officers or others working with them at seven public gatherings since August 2004.

The officers hoist protest signs. They hold flowers with mourners. They ride in bicycle events. At the vigil for the cyclist, an officer in biking gear wore a button that said, "I am a shameless agitator." She also carried a camera and videotaped the roughly 15 people present.

Here is a video from the g20 in Pitt.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrJ7aU-n1L8[/ame]
    Come on, how about they look more obvious?

Just because it doesnt happen in your force does not mean it doesnt go on in other places. I can keep posting examples if you want.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/may/10/g20-policing-agent-provacateurs
    "When I was in the middle of the crowd, two people came over to me and said, 'There are people over there who we believe are policemen and who have been encouraging the crowd to throw things at the police,'" Brake said. But when the crowd became suspicious of the men and accused them of being police officers, the pair approached the police line and passed through after showing some form of identification.

The use of plain-clothes officers in crowd situations is considered a vital tactic for gathering evidence. It has been used effectively to combat football hooliganism in the UK and was employed during the May Day protests in 2001.

Here is an article about it happening in NYC
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/22/nyregion/22police.html?_r=1

Undercover New York City police officers have conducted covert surveillance in the last 16 months of people protesting the Iraq war, bicycle riders taking part in mass rallies and even mourners at a street vigil for a cyclist killed in an accident, a series of videotapes show.

In glimpses and in glaring detail, the videotape images reveal the robust presence of disguised officers or others working with them at seven public gatherings since August 2004.

The officers hoist protest signs. They hold flowers with mourners. They ride in bicycle events. At the vigil for the cyclist, an officer in biking gear wore a button that said, "I am a shameless agitator." She also carried a camera and videotaped the roughly 15 people present.

Here is a video from the g20 in Pitt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrJ7aU-n1L8
    Come on, how about they look more obvious?

Just because it doesnt happen in your force does not mean it doesnt go on in other places. I can keep posting examples if you want.

WOW. Greaqt find. These silent guys were obviously starting trouble. You need serious help. I guess the whole "**** the Police was acceptabl;e also?"

When you find real proof let us know.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom