Remington 1100 feed issues

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I have an old remington 1100. It used to only cycle high brass, would not eject low brass.
    I recently decided to spruce it up some and put on a compensated barrel, cleaned 40 years worth of gunk out if it and painted the receiver and refinished the wood. I love the way it looks now, but it won't cycle.
    I first tried #8 field loads, it ejects the spent sheep fine but then locks back like it is empty.
    Tried some #6 loads, same issue
    Then tried some 00 buck, again same problem.
    I have no taken it apart yet a time was slim, but it seems to be a shell feed issue. The next shell does not come back to where it can be loaded.
    I am no gunsmith, but am rather mechanically inclined. It could be a simple solution, could be worn parts, not sure yet.
    Anyone with experience on these have an idea if what to look at first?

LSUSMC

Segreant
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Prairieville
    The main problem I see with 1100 is a bad piston seal (O-ring) or improper instillation of the piston ring. Make sure your seal is good and the ring is not on backwards.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    True, but when that is the problem, it usually won't eject, especially low brass. Mine is ejecting fine, just locking back like there is not another shell in the tube.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Yes, locks back open after every shot, no matter what type of shell.
    I am going to try and troubleshoot it some when I have a chance, but Havnt been home much lately. At least I can just shoot it off the porch and don't have to go anywhere.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Very well could be the barrel, don't think the paint is an issue though, only painted the outside of the receiver.
    Also thinking it could just need more lube. I cleaned a LOT of gunk out of everywhere and degreased everything. Didn't lube it up much after reassembling it.

tashle1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Pointe coupee
    If the o ring is good, it sounds like an interceptor latch problem to me. I had a 28 ga doing the same thing. Brought it to a local gunsmith and he changed it out. The latch, spring, and retainer parts will set you back about $40

Top Bottom