Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    what is your thoughts on this platform, for a .308 beginner, the last time I shot 500 yards was 1995 at Hawaii in a wind storm that was blowing the targets off the skids.

Ton

bang bang
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 19, 2006
    New Orleans
    I don't have advice you're asking for but what are your plans? Im asking because I bought a FN 308 and it is my first bolt action/precision rifle. I thought I would get into shooting matches but Im too busy to do so. And its too much rifle for a beginner for me to handle. LOL That being said, I may put it on the chopping block.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    what is your thoughts on this platform, for a .308 beginner, the last time I shot 500 yards was 1995 at Hawaii in a wind storm that was blowing the targets off the skids.

I did the typical upgrades to mine: B&C m40 medalist stock, timney trigger, 20moa base and vortex scope. It shoots 3/4" at 100 yards with several loads. I've found that it performs better on cooler days, and I can inside of 1/2" pretty consistently. I shoot it regularly to 500y. Have made hits at 850-1050 on the few occasions I found myself at a range with that kind of distance. It didn't shoot the match grade factory stuff as well as I'd hoped but I did find a couple good nodes with 175 smk and 155g scenars. What it really likes is 150g Remington core lokt, to the degree of 0.3". Speaking from limited experience, it's a great gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    I worked with the same rifle for my first bolt rifle. The first thing I did was replace the stock and the trigger. A picture of it can be seen here. http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/...tures-thread&p=1391546&viewfull=1#post1391546

It's only been out to 500 yards. Haven't had a chance to take it out farther yet.

Almost everything thing was purchased from Interstate Guns/Sport Optics (including the rifle and scope).

Parts:
    Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD
    Bell & Carlson Medalist M40 Varmint/Tactical Stock
    Timney 510 Trigger
    Nightforce Scope Base 20MOA
    Nightforce Ultralite Scope Rings
    US Optics LR-17 Scope with MIL-GAP Reticule

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    I have one. it sits in it's stock hogue stock right now. It will hit a 6" plate at 100 yds with subs and a 6" plate at 300 yds with supersonic loads. I like it. It does the job. I initially got it because it was mis-priced at cabelas and super cheap. I would buy it again for normal prices.

Top Bottom