remington 700

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nugent610

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    jena la
    i am want to convert my remington 700 sps varmint 308 to a detachable clip model i was wandering where i should start i know there are conversion kits out there buy i am not sure if they will work on the sps can any one help me thanks alot

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    There was a kit out there, I wanted to make my 700 SPS tactical into a detachable clip model. At the time it would have been cheaper to sell the rifle and buy the model with a detachable clip and I seem to remember mixed reviews of the one with a detachable box mag, I don't think they make it anymore.

Anyway, surgeon rifles used to make one for short action 700's, there are lots of options for long action 700's not so much for the short actions, I am not sure if they still make it our not, it was around $350.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    There are PLENTY of designs out there to convert a BDL/SPS stock to a DBM set up that uses AICS mags. Some, like the CDI bottom metal, are pretty close to a factory drop in.

http://cdiprecisiongunworks.com/c1/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Some of the other designs (Badger, Seekins, Surgeon, Atlasworx, etc.) you may have to have your stock inletted for it to work right. You can do it yourself or have a gunsmith do it and then have it securly bedded to the stock (one of the services I offer). I personally love the Seekins design and plan to stock a few of them.

Top Bottom