Remington 7400 troubles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RJFontenot

Fun To Know
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Church Point, LA
    Has anyone out there any experience with Rem 7400's? I've got one that is giving me fits. It shoots all over the target with no rhyme or reason. At first we thought it was the scope. We are now on scope #3 and it's still all over the target. Are these things as bad as the old 742's ? I thought Remington fixed the old wound-a-matics with the 7400. Somebody please help.

Reggie

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    I have an older 7400 in .270 that shoots great after I found ammo it liked
    (130 grn federal premium). Didn't like the way some of the others I tried shot so I ended up buying and giving away 3 or 4 boxes of ammo because of it. Once I found something that worked I quit looking since it shoots it well.

SpencerSS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Brusly, La
    There's an easy solution. Grab the rifle by the forearm with your dominate hand with the barrel towards you (unloaded of course). Grab the barrel with your support hand; bring it back to your side like preparing to swing a golf club, and throw that thing as far as you can. It also helps to be standing on a river bank, facing the water.

On a serious note: A little TLC, and inspect the bore and crown and optics setup; all clear, you should be fine.

gmshooter

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    328   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Gramercy La.
    Make sure that your rings and bases are loctited (blue). Like Lost said each gun will like different ammo. It gets expensive but ounce you find what it like you are good to go. If the Winchester are the moly (black coated bullets) my 7mm did not like those either. after a couple of shots it would be all over the place. Good luck

Top Bottom