Remington 870 Tactical Help

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    So I bought a Remington 870 Tactical about two weeks ago, had a Mesa Tactical shell carrier mounted on it as well as a Blackhawk Knoxx stock. Been working alot and me and another deputy I work with finally got around to checking it out, first thing is the tube only held 5 shells, not 7, took the tube off, checked to make sure there was no plug, put tube back on, now it holds 6 and almost 7 (about 1/4" of 7th shell will not go in), so going to take tube off again to make sure spring is seated in follower, everything is lined up, etc etc. New problem, my front sight fell off, looks like there is supposed a detent pin or something between the sight base and the actual sight itself, anyone know anything about this? any help is greatly appreciated

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    It's a 6+1, isn't it? Never tried jamming a 7th into mine...

That spring is under a lot of tension, as I found out the other day upon removal. Check the tube magazine to make sure you don't have a pinch-- otherwise, the follower was probably cocked or the spring was binding up.

I have no clue about the front post, and will wake up the GF going to look at it right now. I'll take a peak in the morning and see what I can find-- hopefully without losing the thing in the process.

pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    Appreciate it, my friend has one, his holds 7, but the main thing bothering me is the front sight, Im going to go back to the place of purchase tomorrow and explain the situation to them and see if they will fix it due to it obviously being purchased like that, I havent even had the chance to fire it yet

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom