Remington caves

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Remington is no longer the Remington company they have went bankrupt prob 2x sense this… totally diff owners… I deff agree with it opening the door also but if you actually looked into all company’s and groups and organizations and what they paid out for silly lawsuits you might not buy anything for the rest of your life… just saying

Not to long ago a convicted felon with a gun who tried to use it on the cops got killed by the cops and the Baton Rouge police dept and city paid his family 4.5million…. Don’t mean I’m done with the city of br or there police dept…

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The biggest tragedy here is the precedent that has now been set, of course not in a ruling (thank goodness) but it’ll be on like Donkey Kong now. I don’t know if any pro 2A groups ever stepped in on behalf of Remington and gave any assistance whatsoever but anyone who had it in their power to assist certainly should have if any of the many gun manufacturers today are going to avoid being sued in similar fashion. Truthfully, if not the NRA or other 2A defender, the firearms manufacturers themselves should have supported Remington and gone the distance. At least then the courts would be forced to bring it to a decision and I believe Remington’s chances were pretty good, as I’m pretty sure none of our SCJ’s wanted to set the precedent and the burden of proof was too great. Even in today’s effed up judicial system, Remington can’t be realistically found responsible for any Maas shootings unless they fall under that rifle safety/trigger issue they had. I think that a few firearms manufacturers will eventually wish they had gone to bat for Remington and showed any future potential plaintiffs that it won’t be an easy fight. As it stands, something that many attorneys would have scoffed at in doubt will now appear a fruitful endeavor.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    The biggest tragedy here is the precedent that has now been set, of course not in a ruling (thank goodness) but it’ll be on like Donkey Kong now. I don’t know if any pro 2A groups ever stepped in on behalf of Remington and gave any assistance whatsoever but anyone who had it in their power to assist certainly should have if any of the many gun manufacturers today are going to avoid being sued in similar fashion. Truthfully, if not the NRA or other 2A defender, the firearms manufacturers themselves should have supported Remington and gone the distance. At least then the courts would be forced to bring it to a decision and I believe Remington’s chances were pretty good, as I’m pretty sure none of our SCJ’s wanted to set the precedent and the burden of proof was too great. Even in today’s effed up judicial system, Remington can’t be realistically found responsible for any Maas shootings unless they fall under that rifle safety/trigger issue they had. I think that a few firearms manufacturers will eventually wish they had gone to bat for Remington and showed any future potential plaintiffs that it won’t be an easy fight. As it stands, something that many attorneys would have scoffed at in doubt will now appear a fruitful endeavor.

Exactly.

CAJUNLAWYER

crusty old bastard
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Iberia Parish
    Remington did not settle anything. The bankruptcy trustee settled the case-subject to approval by the Bankruptcy Judge. This was a purely economic decision in order to maximize the value of the bankruptcy estate to the creditors. Period. It had notning to do with the busniess of firearms. I seriously doubt that any settlement would have been reached had remington been an ongoing concern not in bankruptcy. While I don't like it, I do not see a strong precedent here.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Remington did not settle anything. The bankruptcy trustee settled the case-subject to approval by the Bankruptcy Judge. This was a purely economic decision in order to maximize the value of the bankruptcy estate to the creditors. Period. It had notning to do with the busniess of firearms. I seriously doubt that any settlement would have been reached had remington been an ongoing concern not in bankruptcy. While I don't like it, I do not see a strong precedent here.

Again, not in the form of a judge’s decision or even the decision of a jury, but a precedent nonetheless. I don’t think anyone has even speculated as to how strong, but money talks.
    From the article:
    "Since this case was filed in 2014, the families' focus has been on preventing the next Sandy Hook," Koskoff said in a statement. "An important part of that goal has been showing banks and insurers that companies that sell assault weapons to civilians are fraught with financial risk."

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

This.

Mike

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    This serves to confirm that the lives of rich trust fund kids are considered to be worth more than poor minority children in major cities like Chicago. The biggest reason why this shooting(of no relevance to anyone outside of Connecticut) received so much attention is because it was about dead rich white kids. It did not happen in Louisiana, so I do not care.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom