Remington Firearms Plant to Reopen.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Significant progress was made in the effort to resume operations at the famed Remington firearm factory in Ilion, NY, when on April 2 the United Mine Workers of America (UMWA) announced it has reached a letter of agreement that will pave the way for reopening the plant.

The document formalizes language between the union and RemArms—owned by Roundhill Group—that recognizes the union as the hourly employees’ collective bargaining agent when they return to work, establishes a recall process for more former Remington workers to return to jobs, and sets up a 60-day time frame for the parties to begin negotiating a full collective bargaining agreement that will be in effect upon ratification.

“This letter of agreement was a long time in the making,” said UMWA International President Cecil E. Roberts. “It is the first step toward reestablishing a normal relationship between the union and the operators of that plant, one that will allow the professional craftspeople who have built firearms in Ilion to return to doing what they do better than anyone.”

The factory closed and workers were let go when Remington Outdoor filed bankruptcy last year. The Ilion factory and firearm-related assets were subsequently purchased by Roundhill Group and just before the holiday season it sent letters to 200 of the plant’s former employees asking if they would report back to work on Feb. 15. The date proved optimistic after the union raised several concerns, including whether the returning staff was selected by seniority.

Subsequently announced reopening dates passed without resumption of operations. The April 2 announcement indicates that may change soon although Roberts said, “There is more to do here. The company needs product to sell and we fully understand and support that. We are pleased that UMWA members will soon be going back to work at the plant, if the company holds to its expected timetable. The next step is to negotiate a full collective bargaining agreement that the members can ratify and then get operations fully back to normal.”

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    went to cableas the other day they had 6-7 25" 20 guage 870s for around $499 and 4 or so 26" 12guage 870's for around $550 on the rack outside the gun room, if anybody was hunting one... think they got i promo sign up for rewards and get like %15 off

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Old 870's are bullet proof. I had one blow up on me. Went off out of Battery with a bad turkey load. Blow out the loading ramp and I dropped the gun down a stone cliff about 30 feet down in shock. Bent the load ramp back and the gun was still good to go. Now if only my ears and forearm would have take the damage that well.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    He's on track to be a good salesman !

Hmm, Never heard that story? Got a link since I'm too lazy to search myself...lol

ahhh i was wrong, but i didnt respond in less than 40 mins if that helps any
    https://gununiversity.com/remington-arms-bankruptcy-sale/

Remington Asset Winning Bidder
    Remington Firearms Roundhill Group, LLC (Real Estate Investors)
    Dakota Firearms Roundhill Group, LLC (Real Estate Investors)
    Remington Ammo Vista Outdoor, Inc. (Federal Ammo)
    Barnes Bullets Sierra Bullets, LLC
    Marlin Firearms Sturm, Ruger & Co, Inc.
    Bushmaster Firearms Franklin Armory Holdings, Inc.
    Tapco (parts) Sportsman's Warehouse, Inc.
    DPMS Firearms JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)
    H&R Firearms JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)
    AAC Silencers JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)
    Parker Shotguns JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)
    Stormlake Barrels JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    ahhh i was wrong, but i didnt respond in less than 40 mins if that helps any
    https://gununiversity.com/remington-arms-bankruptcy-sale/

Remington Asset Winning Bidder
    Remington Firearms Roundhill Group, LLC (Real Estate Investors)
    Dakota Firearms Roundhill Group, LLC (Real Estate Investors)
    Remington Ammo Vista Outdoor, Inc. (Federal Ammo)
    Barnes Bullets Sierra Bullets, LLC
    Marlin Firearms Sturm, Ruger & Co, Inc.
    Bushmaster Firearms Franklin Armory Holdings, Inc.
    Tapco (parts) Sportsman's Warehouse, Inc.
    DPMS Firearms JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)
    H&R Firearms JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)
    AAC Silencers JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)
    Parker Shotguns JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)
    Stormlake Barrels JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)

Well, you done good, Now we know who got what !

Top Bottom