Remington Model 66 Nylon - A GEM!! **TRADE PENDING**

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I got this rifle on trade from a gentleman who purchased it new, shot it about 20 times, and put it up. It was stored in the top of his closet for many many years before I put my hands on it.

The rifle is in really nice condition. There are a couple of minor scuffs on the plastic, and one tiny little rough spot on the receiver bluing. The inside of the barrel looks like it has never been shot. I even had to clean off the glue on the stock left from the original stickers.

It is a rear loading .22 for those who aren't familiar with these great little guns. It was also listed as one of the "All Time Best Guns" by Field and Stream.

I would like to trade for a .22 revolver. I would also sell for $200obo.

You can see more photos here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34942149@N05/sets/72157613542722283/

Thanks,
    Stan

Last edited:

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Member TB2 PM'd me with dibs. I am discussing a trade with him.

I live in Slidell, La. Will do a little more research and post a cash price if the trade doesn't work out.

Stan

hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    If you think of a cash price, let me know. I have one (well dad did, but recently passed away) but when reassembling once after cleaning when I was about 15 or 16 I broke off a piece of the sear, and it shoots short burst (2-5 shots) and jams. I just want one for a toss in the boat gun, but wants one that doesnt jam up on me

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I remember when these were in pawn shops everywhere for under $100!
    Kinda hard to come by now and I have always liked them.
    There is a black and chrome one that will be willed to me!

VM 2

Swine flued
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 7, 2007
    Baton Rouge / NOLA
    I have one too back from a long time ago when my neighbor gave it to me as a birthday gift. I guess I should tell my dad to stop keeping it in the dirty ass farm truck to shoot at coons? It might be worth something nice one day

buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Maurepas, LA (Diversion Canal)
    I got this rifle on trade from a gentleman who purchased it new, shot it about 20 times, and put it up. It was stored in the top of his closet for many many years before I put my hands on it.

The rifle is in really nice condition. There are a couple of minor scuffs on the plastic, and one tiny little rough spot on the receiver bluing. The inside of the barrel looks like it has never been shot. I even had to clean off the glue on the stock left from the original stickers.

It is a rear loading .22 for those who aren't familiar with these great little guns. It was also listed as one of the "All Time Best Guns" by Field and Stream.

I would like to trade for a .22 revolver. I would also sell for $200obo.

You can see more photos here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34942149@N05/sets/72157613542722283/

Thanks,
    Stan

I have the Apache (black plastic stock and chrome barrel receiver) and they are neat little guns. I saw them at the gun show a couple of years ago and they were $400 to $600 for one like yours.It seems there is collector value in these guns. You might think again before you sell it or trade it cheap.

Buddy

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I have the Apache (black plastic stock and chrome barrel receiver) and they are neat little guns. I saw them at the gun show a couple of years ago and they were $400 to $600 for one like yours.It seems there is collector value in these guns. You might think again before you sell it or trade it cheap.

Buddy

I know that there were several different versions on this gun produced. The Continental (I think) is the most sought after. They also had a version that was green, and another that was black.

The one I have is from the 80's and is the brown with blue receiver. The one I have usually goes for around $200 on gun broker. If it looks like mine, but is from the 60's before they put serial numbers on them, I think they go for closer to $300.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but that is what I have seen.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    My dad bought me a brown model when I was a kid back in the early sixties: a buddy of his won it in a raffle. My dad paid $25 for it and I saved up for a Ted Williams (made by Weaver) scope from Sears. Still have it, still shoots great.

Here's a Web site with some more info on these great little rifles: http://www.nylonrifles.com/NylonRifles/Home/Home.html

Numrich still carries many parts for them.

A recent issue of the NRA magazine had a feature story on 'em as well.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom