Remington R-25, 308 cal question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LaTrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Boyce, Louisiana
    Have a chance to pick up a Remington R-25, 308 cal.. Could someone give me the good, bad etc. on the rifle and what would be a good price with everything so crazy. The gun is new, never fired. Thanks.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    $1300 in stores before all the BS. Pretty heavy, but to be expected.

If you want an AR, I'd pass. If you want a more versatile hunting rifle, it's a good pick.

LaTrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Boyce, Louisiana
    I want scope it to hunt with. Know 308 is good cal. and have two bolt in 308. Know the AR platform and have had dealing with they for years in law enforcement
    work but never had any dealing with it in 308. Just was wanting to check and see if anyone had one and if they could give me the good points and the bad point on the Remington. Thanks for your help in advance.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I want scope it to hunt with. Know 308 is good cal. and have two bolt in 308. Know the AR platform and have had dealing with they for years in law enforcement
    work but never had any dealing with it in 308. Just was wanting to check and see if anyone had one and if they could give me the good points and the bad point on the Remington. Thanks for your help in advance.

Good points: It's a .308 platform AR. Pretty much the same as the DPMS LR308. When fed with good ammo they shoot great and perform great.

Bad points: It doesn't come with a cappuccino maker, a window washer, or a portable compressor.

Top Bottom