removed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The 300 Wby Mag is argueably the best offering of all 300 magnums. As all other 300 Magnums it is based off of the original 300 Mag, the 300 H&H Mag. Due to the casing design of Roy Weatherby it has what most people argee are the best external ballistics of all 300 Mag offerings. The MV is simpily RIDICLIOUS in a 30 cal. You defenately know you pulled the trigger when that cannon goes off. Last time I was at the range with mine I got a "God ****" when the first pill went down range. I had to giggle. You don't want to shoot as many as a .308Win in one day thats for sure but if you need a good long range weapon with a hell of a punch this is it. I do not understand why the 300 Winchester Mag is becoming the norm of then next step up from the .308Win round and before the .338 Laupa. IMO the Wby Mag would be a better choice.

Anyway good luck with the sale.

Last edited:

cajuncutter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2007
    Shreveport
    I have a 1976 Mark V custome and love to shoot it from time to time however I prefer the wby 270 over it. Great round for long range with a punch free bump

doeslammer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Pride aka Central, LA
    that is an AMAZING rifle. i've seen it in action , and the results are awesome. the one bad thing about such a powerful bullet is that if you shoot a deer close enough, it will be just like a needle going through the deer and you will possibly loose it. i have seen them dropped at 30 yards, but then again i've heard of them running away and getting away from the person shooting them. over 50 yards, they don't stand a chance. i own the BAR .300 mag and i love it. this rifle though, is true. whoever gets this one is getting a great buy. i just wish i had the money for this one...

coltaholic

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Tampa Bay, florida
    Mickey, good luck with the sale. the 300 wby is my favorite caliber, and I have 3 rifles in this offering. Contrary to some myths re this caliber, the recoil is not noticably nastier than a 300 wim mag, and more versatile. I've killed Hundreds of deer, more hogs, and some exotics with mine, and never had any go farther than a few steps. a lung shot sucks lung tissue and a lot of other stuff out the opposite side, and they mostly drop in their tracks.
    I have the exact rifle, and mine is more accurate than my $2500 Blaser.

your price is awesome---the scope alone retails at SWFA ( a discount optics site) for well over $400

someone will recognize this as a super bargain and snap it up!

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    :thumbsup:
    Mickey, good luck with the sale. the 300 wby is my favorite caliber, and I have 3 rifles in this offering. Contrary to some myths re this caliber, the recoil is not noticably nastier than a 300 wim mag, and more versatile. I've killed Hundreds of deer, more hogs, and some exotics with mine, and never had any go farther than a few steps. a lung shot sucks lung tissue and a lot of other stuff out the opposite side, and they mostly drop in their tracks.
    I have the exact rifle, and mine is more accurate than my $2500 Blaser.

your price is awesome---the scope alone retails at SWFA ( a discount optics site) for well over $400

someone will recognize this as a super bargain and snap it up!

Thanks for the bump!
    I am REALLY thinkin' about keeping it now since i've gotten in reloading. I like the set up and really love the side foucs on the Nikon.:D

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom