Removing item from NFA purvew

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I have absolutely no clue. But good luck with that!!! I think once you give them the money it is gone!!!! It is the government after all.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    I would think no. I know a guy that did this and he told me he just sent a letter to ATF telling them to take it out. Also the stamp is considered used once it's issued anyway. I don't believe it has value. I have seen Form 4's with a stamp go for $100 to stamp collectors years ago. I'm sure with the crazy increase in them it's not that way anymore.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yeah once the stamp has been issued you can't get your money back. Only way you could get the money back is if you canceled the application before it was approved.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Yeah once the stamp has been issued you can't get your money back. Only way you could get the money back is if you canceled the application before it was approved.

Well, I guess I have several options:
    -Sell my Noveske upper and lower separate and remove from NFA. (breaks my heart to lose $200 and almost a year)
    -Sell the whole mess to a dealer that wants a messed up gun.(interested?)
    -Force Noveske to fix it. (Not going well, so far.)
    -Send it to Wes at MSTN and have him take it apart and gauge everything and document everything that's wrong, fix it, and post the expose online. (his time isn't cheap)

Anyway, kindof putting this out there as a feeler to see if anyone jumps at the chance to get a cheap collection of expensive parts.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    I briefly remember the problems you had something about the noveske lower being out of spec? If I were you I would probably see about getting it brought back into spec. If Noveske won't fix it publicly shaming them may get them to move. There has to be a way to fix it. The problem you may have with trying to sell it to a dealer is that there would be another 200 tax and form 4 that would have to be filled out.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I briefly remember the problems you had something about the noveske lower being out of spec? If I were you I would probably see about getting it brought back into spec. If Noveske won't fix it publicly shaming them may get them to move. There has to be a way to fix it. The problem you may have with trying to sell it to a dealer is that there would be another 200 tax and form 4 that would have to be filled out.

-Lower is out of spec and won't accept many uppers, Only VLTOR, basically.
    -Upper has a 7-8 MOA POI shift with/without can
    -Random failures to feed that bend the rounds against the feed-ramps like bananas.
    -Lower won't take some mags.
    -With the mags it does take, they are loose in the mag-well (this is not the source of failures, as I tested the upper on a known good lower, as well), and the bolt-catch won't engage if you are using it with PMAG's as a monopod and pulling the rifle into your shoulder on the last round.

It is just a total soup sandwich and the juice is not worth the squeeze if they won't fix it for me for free. It's a factory hack-job as far as I'm concerned, although I am going the public shaming route on M4C. We will see if they fix at least the upper. *sigh*.

Last edited:

X5 Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2013
    Monroe, LA
    Once a lower receiver is registered as a SBR (I'm assuming that's what you did), it's always a SBR. It will always require a tax stamp to transfer to another individual and the appropriate paperwork to transfer to a gunsmith or manufacturer for repair.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Once a lower receiver is registered as a SBR (I'm assuming that's what you did), it's always a SBR. It will always require a tax stamp to transfer to another individual and the appropriate paperwork to transfer to a gunsmith or manufacturer for repair.

The NFA FAQ says otherwise.

Top Bottom