Rental unit for weekdays - to not have to commute to work?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I know I've heard many people mention it.

I don't know that I want to move out of Lafayette, but if I commute to Baton Rouge, NOLA, etc, it opens up lots of job opportunities I might not otherwise have explored. I've never looked into this, and aside from calling up people I know, and asking if I can rent a bed for 4 nights (M,Tu,W,Th) a week, every week, I was curious how to go about even getting a rental unit.

Ideally sharing the rent somewhere seems best, as paying for a whole apartment myself will likely always exceed the cost of the commuting, even though I drive a 15-17mpg Silverado.

If you have experience doing this, what was your situation like,

and more importantly how did you go about finding place to check out?

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    I think the only thing in BR that would be worth looking into, outside of a private deal is Burbank Commons(4600 Burbank Dr.). They have 4 Bedroom units and set up roommate deals and I believe it is about $100/mo/occupant. If that is the case, I don't think you'll find a better deal. New management is for sure in place, I talked to them briefly last week when they were trying to work a deal on some utilities. Good luck.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    I commute from gonzales to duson everyday and have considered talking to one of the locally owned hotels about paying them up front for three or four nights a week for a month stretch and seeing what kind of deal I could get. The drive is tough, turns a nine hour work day into a 13 hour day.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I commute from gonzales to duson everyday and have considered talking to one of the locally owned hotels about paying them up front for three or four nights a week for a month stretch and seeing what kind of deal I could get. The drive is tough, turns a nine hour work day into a 13 hour day.
    Yea, that's another thing I thought about. I thought maybe if it were steady and guarenteed income, per month, that maybe they'd be ok with a deep discount off the nightly rate. No idea though.

Thanks for the input so far folks.

Hopefully I can save up some cash and buy a cheaper, economical commuter vehicle.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    If I'm not mistaken, I remember seeing a sign right at corner of i49 and i10 with a price to rent per week. Don't remember what it was, but it showdown some do discount for things like this.

jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    Alright, gsneff commutes from Gonzales to duson. James Cannon commutes from Lafayette to baton rouge / new Orleans. Swap houses / households /spouses from Sunday evenings to Friday evenings.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    Alright, gsneff commutes from Gonzales to duson. James Cannon commutes from Lafayette to baton rouge / new Orleans. Swap houses / households /spouses from Sunday evenings to Friday evenings.

lol, only real problem is my weekends are thursday and friday not saturday and sunday!

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La

That's all?

Try commuting from Pr'ville to Houston. Then if further travel is required, Pr'ville to Houston to London. The drive from Prairieville to Houston is 4- 4.5 hrs. Non stop flight from Houston to London is 9.5 hrs...

Top Bottom