Renual Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    Wife's permit expires on the 11th of next month and we have procrastinated on getting the renual taken care of. The way I understand it to read on LSP.org is that we are within 60 days of the experation so she would have to treat it as a new application not a renual, am I correct in my understanding?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    NEGATIVE, that being said you BETTER hurry since there is a turn around time involved for her to get the new card. Call Allan with Geauxshooting and get it taken care of ASAP

Renewals:
    Permit holders will be notified in writing at their address of record, approximately 120 days prior to the expiration of their permit to begin the renewal process.

Upon notification, download and complete the Concealed Handgun Permit Application.

Submit the renewal application with a new passport photograph, a new training certificate, a photocopy of your driver's license, and the appropriate fees.

The completed application should be returned to the Department no less than 90 days prior to the expiration of the permit to allow sufficient time for processing.

You must submit your application within 60 days after the expiration date or you will be required to submit a new original application including fingerprints.

All completed renewal applications must be submitted to:
    Louisiana State Police
    Concealed Handgun Permit Unit
    PO Box 66375
    Baton Rouge, LA 70896

Top Bottom