Reply from Cedric L. Richmond

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    Thank you for contacting me regarding gun legislation. As an attorney and long-time legislator I believe the 2nd Amendment is sacrosanct. That being said, I also do not believe that the 2nd amendment prevents the legislative branch from acting to minimize the frequent and widespread violence in our nation. I am not, nor have I ever been in favor of taking guns away from law-abiding adults but I do have grave concerns about the usefulness of high capacity magazines and certain military style weapons. Families should be able to protect themselves from danger and sportsmen should be able to freely pursue their favorite activities, but we must not be paralyzed with inaction when we have the ability to prevent mass murders. Nothing we do will eliminate violence or bring back the many lives we have lost, but I feel deeply that we must discuss possible policies that would improve the current state of affairs to make progress in this area. These issues are terribly complex and elicit great passion on every side of the argument. This will be robust and sensitive debate and I welcome the opportunity to hear from each of my constituents regarding this very important conversation. I appreciate you taking the time to write me on this important issue. I invite you to stay connected with me through my e-newsletter. You can sign-up on my website at http://richmond.house.gov. I am also on Facebook at facebook.com/RepRichmondand Twitter at twitter.com/RepRichmond. My office is here to serve you, so please don'thesitate to contact us for further assistance.

Sincerely,
    richmondsmall.jpg

Cedric L. Richmond
    Member of Congress

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    "...we must not be paralyzed with inaction when we have the ability to prevent mass murders. Nothing we do will eliminate violence or bring back the many lives we have lost, but I feel deeply that we must discuss possible policies that would improve the current state of affairs to make progress in this area..."

Rather ambiguous. Either he has the ability to prevent or has nothing to eliminate.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    What a piece of ****! You cannot tell me that his inbox was not flooded with his constituent's concerns for the governments infringement on our god given and constitutional rights. He may have received a FEW from rainbow riders who are scared of their own shadow saying that they hate anything that isn't unicorns and lollipops. For him to send out this filth and blatantly disregard his constituents is what is wrong with our country. They vote along party lines and never for We The People. They should be tried and hung for treason!!

ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    "...we must not be paralyzed with inaction when we have the ability to prevent mass murders. Nothing we do will eliminate violence or bring back the many lives we have lost, but I feel deeply that we must discuss possible policies that would improve the current state of affairs to make progress in this area..."

Rather ambiguous. Either he has the ability to prevent or has nothing to eliminate.

They all know any new restrictions will do nothing to "prevent mass murders" or any violence. I question their real motives.

Last edited:

Buck8Point

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Plaquemine, LA
    Just received the exact same form letter. Only took him 3-4 weeks to reply. This guy doesn't represent his constituents interests in this new ridiculously gerrymandered District 2. What a bunch of double talk, contradiction BS.
    I could have eaten a bowl of alphabet soup, and crapped a better argument than that..

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    When he was on the State level didn't he try to push anti gun bills every year?

Yes he did.

For those who don't recall.....

Tried to ban ALL SEMI-AUTOMATIC WEAPONS in LA at least once....in this example, when he knew it would get smashed he tried to tweak it at the last moment to "just" ban so-called "assault weapons" (sounds familiar).

Still didn't work, of course. Now, this guy is in DC. He can be counted alongside the Obama drones who'll try to take away the freedoms we currently have. Count on it.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2009/05/house_panel_kills_bill_banning.html

Last edited:

ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    F'real. You still have any doubt?

No.

Cedric Richmond is nothing but a typical New Orleans ________________

Please, careful with the overgeneralizations. What you probably meant was: "Cedric Richmond is nothing but a typical Statist POS New Orleans politician." Yea, we got plenty of those here.

Top Bottom