Response to me from Congressman Scalise

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Thank you for contacting me regarding the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut. On December 14, 2012, America was shocked to learn of the horrific massacre that occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut. As parents of two young children, my wife Jennifer and I are deeply saddened by this horrific tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with the families and loved ones of the twenty young children and six faculty members who were murdered.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that we must do everything we can to prevent tragedies like this from happening. We must prosecute those who take the lives of others to the fullest extent of the law. I am also committed to making sure we have strong laws on the books and that we provide the resources necessary to law enforcement and the judicial system in order to make our communities, including our schools, safer. In addition, we need to do a better job of treating people with mental illnesses so they are properly diagnosed and treated.

I must say that restricting the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans will not reduce crime, but rather will only serve to undermine the ability of law-abiding citizens to defend themselves from criminals. You can’t stop bad people from doing bad things by taking away the rights of good people who follow the rules. We all need to work together to promote strong family units and the sanctity of human life. Let us all keep in our prayers these precious lives that were taken from us at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Thank you again for contacting me. It is an honor to represent the First Congressional District of Louisiana, and your thoughts and concerns are very important to me. I invite you to visit my website at www.scalise.house.gov for more information. Please do not hesitate to contact my office in the future on issues that are important to you
    Sincerely,

Steve Scalise
    Member of Congress
    SS/gg

Woo hoo.

ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    I must say that restricting the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans will not reduce crime, but rather will only serve to undermine the ability of law-abiding citizens to defend themselves from criminals. You can’t stop bad people from doing bad things by taking away the rights of good people who follow the rules.

:bravo:

Sks985

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Slidell
    I just received the same email, I'm still holding my breath for Mary Landrieu's response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I just received the same email, I'm still holding my breath for Mary Landrieu's response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I got hers already.

c2724764bce80aecbec81c7b1aca3c6b.jpg

airrick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    I got the same response from Steve Scalise. I've contacted Vitter, Landrieu, Scalise, and Obama twice so far and Scalise is the only response I got back.

nomadic1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    St. Tammany
    Scalise's office actually called me today, to confirm that they had gotten the phone message I had left them over the holidays.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    I went to school with Steve, he is a good guy, he is on our side, and he can grow (or could grow) the best white boy afro you've ever seen, no chit.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Right after he was sworn in a few years ago I had written him regarding a BIG bunch of $$$ the US was sending to one of the central American countries for border control. I asked WTF were we doing sending money to Central America when our OWN border was like a seive?!?! He called me to explain. I was stunned. Scalise is one of the "keepers". The rest need to GO!

Calhoun123

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Near Shreveport
    Katrina Mary has already said she supports new gun control and has voted for it in the past. Unfortunately all our Republican "business people" keep funding her
    campaigns.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    This is the response I received when I wrote (months previous to receiving a response) regarding the UN treaty:

October 23, 2012

Dear

Thank you for writing to me. Please be assured that I support the 2nd Amendment and will continue working to ensure that Americans have the right to firearms to hunt, recreate and protect themselves and their property.

You will be encouraged to know that on July 27, 2012, the United Nations member countries failed to reach agreement on a new treaty to regulate the global arms trade. Since the treaty did not pass the UN, it will not come before the U.S. Senate for ratification. I can assure you, I will follow this issue very closely as the 112th Congress comes to a close.

For information on other legislative issues, please visit my website: http://landrieu.senate.gov. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future regarding other areas of mutual concern.
    Sincerely,

Mary Landrieu
    United States Senator

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    She recently told the NO Times Pic. she was "OPEN" to NEW GUN CONTROL. She has cast anti-gun votes in the past.

Yet, when I called her DC office this week, the flunky on the phone said that she always supports the 2nd Amendment.

I called each office and told them I wanted to encourage them to resist all measures that would be presented in the next few months that pertain to any type of gun control.

Boustany's office was the most responsive - asked for all my information. Vitter's office asked where I was calling from. Landrieu's office could have cared less where the call was originating.

Top Bottom