Restaurant's in or around Amite

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    I want to go to lunch or brunch, with a guest, after the TPS match on Sunday.

What are the nice restaurant choices in or around Amite?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    No nice restaurants in Amite, just good food. Cabby's is on the West side of Hwy. 51
    about 4 blocks North of Hwy. 16.

jgreg

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Independence LA
    Barb Q Station

Barb Q Station in Independence is open for lunch on Sunday
    Spagetti and Meatalls are the special ot the day or you order brisket, ribs, burgers etc.
    It was a Conoco gas station when I was growing up. I used to go there when I was a kid and get bicycle tire tube fixed. He has retained a lot of the old atmospere/decor of the 50-70 year old station. which makes a great enviroment to eat in and great food. By the way I am 54 years old, that gives you an idea of how old I was when I was kid.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    I am a Amite native that now lives in Washington Parish . Mikes' Catfish near the interstate 55 is your best bet on Sunday . Not sure how late they are open after church. We go during the week and on weekends. Cabbys' used to be owned by a school mate of mine . It may be closed down as Buddy is up in age like me. Other than those, it's fast food in Amite.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I am a Amite native that now lives in Washington Parish . Mikes' Catfish near the interstate 55 is your best bet on Sunday . Not sure how late they are open after church. We go during the week and on weekends. Cabbys' used to be owned by a school mate of mine . It may be closed down as Buddy is up in age like me. Other than those, it's fast food in Amite.

If you know Buddy B. well ask him about a trip to Houston with friends when he was a young man.

Last edited:

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    Thanks. Not looking for fancy, just good food & a place where we won't be rushed out the door so we can chat for a while.

I'm call Mike's tomorrow & find out what their hours are on Sunday.

rebelray84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Amite,LA
    I believe Mike's closes early after lunch on Sundays if they are open at all.Cabby's has been closed for years.Pretty much all you'll find on a sunday evening is fast food and Panda garden(chinese buffet).There is a place right at Hwy 16 and Hwy 51 that is supposed to be a pretty good seafood place Mac something,don't know if they're open Sundays or not.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Thanks. Not looking for fancy, just good food & a place where we won't be rushed out the door so we can chat for a while.

I'm call Mike's tomorrow & find out what their hours are on Sunday.

I think Mike's is what you are looking for then.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    I believe Mike's closes early after lunch on Sundays if they are open at all.Cabby's has been closed for years.Pretty much all you'll find on a sunday evening is fast food and Panda garden(chinese buffet).There is a place right at Hwy 16 and Hwy 51 that is supposed to be a pretty good seafood place Mac something,don't know if they're open Sundays or not.

You are talking about Murphey Seafood. I was in there last Monday cuz Mike's is closed on Monday. Ordered the catfish and was very disappointed with the chips of fried fish that looked like Macades' chicken nuggets . $22 for two ,won't happen again.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Who thinks 30 miles is in or around?
    Mile's has better fish than Middendorf's for a better price.

jgreg

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Independence LA
    fish

The fish is very good at the BAR=B-Q station He has a trio that consists of fish, oysters. shrimp, texsas toast and 2 sides Very good. 6 miles from Amite on 51 south across from Hancock Bank # 878 3747
    Jim

MCab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    I used to go with a friend of mine to his dad's camp in Amite. Loved the place, esp how friendly people are there.

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Middendorf's wasn't worth the effort last two times I went. Hushpuppies were bland, thin-fried was two thin like fried batter.
    There is a La Regretta, I mean La Carreta in Amite, Spitale's, Ardillo's. Guy's has an interesting decor.

Top Bottom