Review of Kahr CM9

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TangoCharlie145

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Alexandria, LA
    Looked for a previous thread to post this to. Just wanted to give a little review of my buddies new Kahr CM9 he purchased on friday. We have been looking at small, pocket size 9mm handguns ro replace his current pocket carry Ruger LCP.
    Fit anf finish were as to be expected. It came with 1 flush magazine.
    The trigger pull was EXCEPTIONAL. It was a Kahr trigger mind you, but it was smooth, and I do mean smooth. We could not believe how good a trigger it is. It took about 3 rounds to get used to the take-up as we both shoot Glocks. Reset was a little different than a Glock, which is to be expected. But for what this little gun is intended for, it is acceptable.
    Function was exceptional. We fired 150 rounds of mixed 9mm including old ammo in 115, 124, and 147 grains. Also shot some Rem 124 +p and it was more managageable than the standard pressure in the LCP. If you have shot an LCP, I am refering to the "jarring' recoil signature. The CM 9 recoil was very soft. We also shot some 115 gr Win Silvertips (blast from the past) and they functioned flawlessly. All in all, 0 malfunctions.
    Accuracy was very good. He was shooting a steady fire, not slow, group from 7 yards that completely removved the X from a B27 target. POA and POI was the same.
    For what this handgun is intended for, I would highly reccomend it. The size a .380, the punch of a 9mm.
    Now that he has one and I have got to shoot it, it will go on my list of guns to have. Hope this helps any of you considering purchasing the CM 9
    Strength and Honor!
    TC

TangoCharlie145

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Alexandria, LA
    Homeslice-if you were closer, you would be welcome to do so!
    XD45ACP-it has moved up on my list as well. It is just a neat little package. We ordered him a kydex rig from Swinster on Glokctalk today. It should be a joy to carry OWB/IWB either way.
    You can see a pic of what the holster looks like here http://glocktalk.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1285&cpage=2#poststart
    Almost at the bottom of the page.

Last edited:

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    i do have one complaint for kahr, why cant i have flush metal baseplates for my k9? its odd to me that i have to have that plastic peice on my metal gun and the plastic guns get metal flush baseplates. Its not a huge deal cause when i hold it, i dont even see it, but still.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    Dunno about the steel frame Kahrs, but I made a flush-fit carry magazine for my P45, out of a Colt Officer's Model magazine. It definitely makes a difference in the "printability".

i can get the metal baseplate but it would stick out of the gun still. maybe a project for later down the road?

mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    We are big fans of the Kahrs. We have several of the 9's, PM 9, P9, P9 Covert (Which has developed a fail to eject problem after about 12 years of regular use), CW45, and several P380's. After a break in, they have all run fine except for the problem with the Covert. They are all very easy to hit with which is what counts. I am concerned about sending the Covert back since I don't like sending them away. Past customer service has been excellent, but only when I called and talked to a real person. Will probably tackel that after the first of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mmabone
    Top Bottom