Review: Unity Tactical Glock Duty Trigger Kit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Alright guys,

First off, this is my first review of any gear. If you have any questions or if I left anything out, please ask questions. I will try to answer them the best way I can, or I will point you in the direction of someone who can. I am not Military/LEO, just an average guy who loves to shoot. I believe guns are tools we use and this makes these tools better.

Two weeks ago I went to my local gun shop to see if they had anything new in. Just so happen they did. They had the new Unity Tactical Glock Duty Trigger kit. So I got one and installed it on my Glock 34. Very easy install with detailed instructions. I have other aftermarket triggers in some of my other Glocks, so I had an idea of how to install it and what to expect. After installing it, I did a little bit of dry firing to see how it was. The first pull was very nice and smooth. No grittiness of any kind. I didn't get a trigger pull weight on it, but I would guess it is between 3 - 4 lbs. I really didn't like the reset of the trigger at first because it seemed longer than a stock trigger. But that changed after shooting live fire with the gun.

The Unity Tactical Glock Duty Trigger kit includes:
    1- Firing Pin spring
    1- Firing Pin Safety spring
    1- Trigger spring
    1- Connector (-)
    1- Trigger with trigger bar (trigger shoe is all metal)

Price: $199.99

So I finally made it to the range today, and put about 500 rounds through my 34 with the new trigger. And I have to say, I was very impressed with the performance of the trigger. First live fire trigger pull was what I expected from what the dry fire was. Very smooth and no grittiness. The reset is great. It made me focus more on trigger control and getting a better sight picture after a shot.

The all metal trigger shoe is a nice feature also. When the safety is pressed, the trigger is one flat surface. Also the trigger bar is polished nice and bright, which is a nice feature.

So I have to say, I will be getting more of these triggers to replace the stock ones I have.

The place to buy them is:

Interstate Guns
    1715 South Morrison Blvd,
    Hammond, LA 70403
    985-340-1980
    Talk to Chris Schiff, Nate, Dustin, Or Trey
    You can go to the store, or call. I'm sure they would be happy to ship one to you. I would recommend going to the store because they have a very nice selection of guns, scopes, and ammo. And they customer service is great. Plus they are a site sponsor.

Thanks,
    Craig

avaqusem.jpg

yhehenys.jpg

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    A few in the $175/$200 range.
    Unity Tactical $200.
    Vanek Super $190.
    Glockworx Fulcrum $180.
    Taran Tactical $175.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet, but I got to finger-blast one at Interstate Guns...

It felt calculated and solid with a smooth break. Quite the step up from your average fluff-n-buff job.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    I'd like to compare it to my Vanek and Johnny Glock triggers. $200 is on the high side of the available triggers but if it's as good or better than the others it's not crazy.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I'd like to compare it to my Vanek and Johnny Glock triggers. $200 is on the high side of the available triggers but if it's as good or better than the others it's not crazy.

You have two good triggers.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    You could start with a SS Glockworx Fulcrum trigger and make these improvements for a great trigger that could be adjusted from approximately 2# 8oz. to 4# 8oz. with connector and spring changes.
    Joe D. modification to the trigger shoe end and the nose, DK modification to the ramp that engages the firing pin safety, Vanek modification where the trigger spring connects to the leg,

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    You could start with a SS Glockworx Fulcrum trigger and make these improvements for a great trigger that could be adjusted from approximately 2# 8oz. to 4# 8oz. with connector and spring changes.
    Joe D. modification to the trigger shoe end and the nose, DK modification to the ramp that engages the firing pin safety, Vanek modification where the trigger spring connects to the leg,

The adjustable triggers add an additional mode for failure. All the options you listed require the manufacturer to mod parts or use non-oem parts. We carefully selected to make sure that we could use OEM Parts. This trigger will not be as "good" as a Full House Adjustable Fulcrum or Race Gun Vanek. It wasn't ever intended to be. It is more rugged and reliable than both of those options however. It also keeps the trigger pull weight in an acceptable range for work guns.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The adjustable triggers add an additional mode for failure. All the options you listed require the manufacturer to mod parts or use non-oem parts. We carefully selected to make sure that we could use OEM Parts. This trigger will not be as "good" as a Full House Adjustable Fulcrum or Race Gun Vanek. It wasn't ever intended to be. It is more rugged and reliable than both of those options however. It also keeps the trigger pull weight in an acceptable range for work guns.

I have not seen one of your triggers and my post was meant for the "Run and Gun Crowd" and not for a Duty or Carry pistol.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    tikanni, Thank you for the review. Also do a follow up review after you get more trigger pulls on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom