Revolution - who watched?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    They almost lost me when they said even batteries stopped working. Come on, a couple AA cell batteries go belly up when the lights go out?

And it was for theatrics but on the highway, it was a slow progression backwards. Planes everywhere fall out of the sky immediately, but there might be a two or three minute delay between several miles on losing vehicular power?

Crossbows throws people backwards four or five feet btw?

I liked it! It was a realistic "end of the world" concept, losing power that is. We'll stick it out because it is ten times better than a lot of shows out there. But there were moments that were WTF?

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    My wife just told me about it, she liked it. Said it is kind reminiscent of LOST. I obviously will have to wait till it comes out on DVD.

jjb5730

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Pierre Part
    I liked it...I agree it wasn't completely realistic in a sense, but as you mentioned, its better than anything else I've seen in a long time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    It was watchable. It is going to hit the DVR rotation. With Fringe ending this year, I need something apocalyptic to fill in. Wish they were bringing back Terra Nova or V (Looked like it was about to take a turn for the better), but these kind of shows don't get much of a chance. I don't think we will ever see anything as good as Jericho again.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    It was watchable. It is going to hit the DVR rotation. With Fringe ending this year, I need something apocalyptic to fill in. Wish they were bringing back Terra Nova or V (Looked like it was about to take a turn for the better), but these kind of shows don't get much of a chance. I don't think we will ever see anything as good as Jericho again.

They shoul bring Jericho back, and finish right

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    My wife just told me about it, she liked it. Said it is kind reminiscent of LOST. I obviously will have to wait till it comes out on DVD.

I didn't stick with LOST for too long, but yes I can see that.

Honestly, really… I'm curious how this idea came around. So far you have a strong late teenage girl with a decent ability to shoot a cross bow. And it's setting up that she's going to be fighting against an established government. Unless her uncle Miles takes over as main protagonist, I just keep seeing Hunger Games here.

It's the Hunger Games meets The Postman.

It's entertainment. But I'm not quite sure if it's going to last beyond this season.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    At least it is not on ABC, they hack successful shows. Fox and NBC have given shows that have shown cult followings and average ratings a chance to at least get 4 or 5 years to tell a story. ABC will hack a show because they can put a cheaper show in its place, even if they had a profitable, well rated show that was expensive to produce.

I didn't stick with LOST for too long, but yes I can see that.

Honestly, really… I'm curious how this idea came around. So far you have a strong late teenage girl with a decent ability to shoot a cross bow. And it's setting up that she's going to be fighting against an established government. Unless her uncle Miles takes over as main protagonist, I just keep seeing Hunger Games here.

It's the Hunger Games meets The Postman.

It's entertainment. But I'm not quite sure if it's going to last beyond this season.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    I liked it. I read all the Dies the Fire series by S.M. Stirling and it starts with a similar plot. It got a little weird after 3 or 4 books but overall good if you like the genre.

Chrisp

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Baton Rouge and New Orleans
    I think the reason it took so long for planes to fall, and we'll prob see it explained later, is that it radiated from a certain area. As the wave passed over the area, planes fell and cars died. My guess is something detonated in the atmosphere so it reached high altitudes first. Plus the brother in the car was farther from the source than the house. I'm interested in how they go about explaining all of this.

Might be interesting to see a different play on the EMP type thing.

CY09

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Thibodaux
    This seems a bit like the book One Second After. It's a quick and pretty good read. Takes the reader from day 1 to about 2 years after "the lights go out." Much more info about how a community is affected as opposed to a family of heroes who know "how to turn the lights back on"--especially after all the infrastructure has deteriorated over 15 or so years.

ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    I recorded it, haven't watched it yet. I guess I'll have to check it out. I also wish they would bring Jericho back, and while they are at it, The Unit.

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    Sword fights were just STUPID, come in 15 years all the guns and ammo are gone except for black powder. THe premis of hte show is good but man they missed the mark. Oh ya dont forget the magic pendant.

Top Bottom