Revolution - who watched?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I initially missed it intentionally because of the description of people with bow and arrows. Really, no one has a gun? Did those stop working too? I might give the pilot a chance to see what I think. It does have Gustavo Fring so it can't be all bad. For anyone with Hulu Plus you can watch it that way.

http://www.hulu.com/revolution

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Another 45 minutes of my life I wish I had back.

I was really getting bored with the story line, and then the brother/uncle faces off with the nasty old militia; dressed in his bush coat and obviously "suited up" for combat. Aha, says I... this guy is supposed to be some bad-ass military type, so here is where he whips out two real guns and handles business. Maybe, I'm thinking, this show will be okay.

But no. He immediately dual-wields two swords, and does an Errol Flynn number on a dozen bad guys. Pardon me while I vomit.

My darling bride was cackling like a witch. She knows I am intrigued by these apocalypse-type shows, and this one looked promising so I was looking forward to it. She knew I had high hopes, even though she was reasonably certain it was gonna be a dud. You see, the wench KNEW it was written by the same tards who did Lost, but she neglected to share that tidbit.

She will pay for that...

I had forgotten to include that!! He kills an entire squadron of militia all by himself.

It had all kinds of stupid in parts but still, I think I'm just so giddy at something other than reality tv.

Roadhazzard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2008
    Near Monroe
    I was disapointed. It felt like I have seen all this before and I bet I can predict how the rest of the season will play out. There will be conspiracies, betrayals, more gratuitous violence by bad guys on the road, a big evil bad guy with many minions. Bleh!

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    I spent a few second considering putting it on, but I decided it was probably not going to be worth my time.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    "Outcast" on Netflix is a British series about a group of people who flee a dying Earth to populate a planet somewhere else only to discover that the planet has its own secrets. Good actors and good writing, but for some reason all the handguns have orange slides on them.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    They sort of explained the gun thing, that it was a "hanging offense to have a gun". The magic swords and arrows that carry the force of a speeding car are a little over the top.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Hard to hang a man who has a gun when all you have is a sword. LOL

Yes, the difference between a citizen and a subject is their gun. Nice line with the, "So hang yourself."

WTF was with the crossbow bolt throwing the guy down from a full sprint? I'm not too sure about this show but Gustavo Fring is a welcome addition and the Uncle Miles character seems alright. What was with the Charlie (Charlotte) character's get up? So in the future apocalypse she has rock and roll pants and a baby doll tee? It looked like she just walked out of an Aerosmith video.

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    But no. He immediately dual-wields two swords, and does an Errol Flynn number on a dozen bad guys. Pardon me while I vomit.

I haven't seen the show yet. I was interested in the idea...at first, then thinking about how, for example, a simple internal combustion engine works (basically a mechanical device using a magneto to create electricity to drive the spark plug) there is no possible way for innovative people to remain in the "dark" forever.

Then after reading LSP's sword recollection from the show it would make people like this (video) somehow the go-to/superior members of society.

Impossible!

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Hard to hang a man who has a gun when all you have is a sword. LOL

Looks like he had a Desert Eagle, I was halfway watching and it was on the lil TV. Only show I really watch is Fringe, and it is going away... I usually watch all the Grimm episodes and I catch the wife shows, Mentalist, Bones and Supernatural. Will pick up Revolution and Arrow this year I guess. Usually when I watch TV it is targeted towards a 5 year old.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Watched it and looks like it's going to make for some Monday night entertainment but not to be taken as a serious post-shtf world. Keep in mind this is a Bad Robot / J.J. Abrams show so it's going to be mythical and confusing. For instance...

[spoiler alert]

The medallion that the girls father plugged a usb drive into, that we later saw the woman at the end with her own activate and suddenly they had power? The incremental loss of power in the beginning and batteries having no power? You can already deduce that someone built a device that nullifies all electrical power and those medallions some how cancel that power nullifying signal. How else would batteries not have power? Why couldn't people simply use a car alternator and a bicycle to charge a battery to create some kind of make shift power? Or surely someone would have had solar panels, least small ones, to create power of some sort.

[/spoiler]

Just some speculation on my part.

Last edited:

Tate

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    At least it is not on ABC, they hack successful shows. Fox and NBC have given shows that have shown cult followings and average ratings a chance to at least get 4 or 5 years to tell a story. ABC will hack a show because they can put a cheaper show in its place, even if they had a profitable, well rated show that was expensive to produce.

Fox cancelled Firefly. Your premise is flawed. :p

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    yea revolution is science fiction, not a documentary. knowing that, i like it. some of you may like the movie "the trigger effect" more than this show.

i still can't believe they canceled caprica. and after the last season of the walking dead show, i just couldn't wait so i bought all 102 issues of the ongoing comics. yall gonna love the prison! but i doubt the hardcore stuff will make it to the show.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    ... It's the Hunger Games meets The Postman...

+1 -- it quickly reminded me of the Hunger Games, mainly due to the girl. Wonder where all the millions of firearms went? I noted that possession of a firearm was a hanging offense, but still...(?)

Interesting premise, but also agree that it probably won't last.

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Cancelling firefly and The Unit was horrible. Those were two good shows. I'm glad they filmed Serenity but...

I forgot this was on. I'll have to look tonight to see if its available online, just to give it a try.
    Sword fights in this genre can work. Think Book of Eli... They shouldn't be pirate or ninja movie sword fights though, just short, brutal hacking.

ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    Cancelling firefly and The Unit was horrible. Those were two good shows. I'm glad they filmed Serenity but...

I forgot this was on. I'll have to look tonight to see if its available online, just to give it a try.
    Sword fights in this genre can work. Think Book of Eli... They shouldn't be pirate or ninja movie sword fights though, just short, brutal hacking.

Man I know. I keep waiting for another network to pick these shows back up, especially The Unit. Most if not all of those guys aren't really doing anything now, that I know of. Don't guess it's going to happen though.

Top Bottom