Revolver versus a Pistol for a newbie...thoughts?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shannahan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    All very good advice! I've heard so many people speak highly of the Glock 19! I think that I may need to get a Judge one day! That has got to be the coolest thing! A handgun that shoots shot gun shells! Why would shooting ranges not allow them? Potential damage to the lane? Thoughts on the Walther PPK it shoots a .380?

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The GLOCK 19 would be a good first choice. It's big enough to soak up some recoil and get a full grip on it (for most people) but small enough to conceal if that ever becomes needed.

However some people just don't shoot GLOCKs well. I've owned three since the late 1980's. I never could get the accuratey from the pistol that it was capable of. Some people just don't interface well with certain handguns. That's not the handgun's fault. I'd try shooting a G19 first. If you shoot it well, then it's not a bad choice. Not my choice....

Unless you're frequently encountering snakes I conside the Judge to be a gimick. But that's another thread topic I think.

The Walther has a very tough DA pull and is tough to shoot well. Plus they can be finicky about what rounds they'll shoot. I love the handgun. But I'd never even consider carrying it for self defense.

Dave

Last edited:
    Top Bottom