Ridiculous ad for rifle in Baton Rouge Advocate

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • killdee

Wanderer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    BR, LA
    Did anyone notice the insert in the Saturday (9/8/12) Advocate for the "Baton Rouge Heritage Rifle" from American Legacy Firearms.

Here's the ad:

BRRifle.jpg
    [/IMG]

This "Baton Rouge Rifle" is engraved with the "U.S.S. Kid", when the ship is actually the U.S.S. Kidd.

It is also engraved with picture and a caption that reads" Sen. Huey "Kingfisher" Long". Kingfisher?????

Another engraving is a picture and the words, "Home of Confederate Memorial Hall", and that museum is actually located in New Orleans, not Baton Rouge.

Those engravings are on the receiver. The stock is engraved with "Home of Mardi Gras Country" and a collection of mardi gras masks. I'm not sure what mardi gras "country" is, but I don't BR is the home of it.

What is wrong with this company? Did they even look up Baton Rouge on wikipedia before they designed this rifle? :rofl:

killdee

Wanderer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    BR, LA
    But its a fully functional 30-30 Mossberg

That and the historic engraving must mean it's way out of my price range anyway. I actually looked at their website and they have dozens of similar offerings. I wonder how many errors are on the other ones?

killdee

Wanderer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    BR, LA
    For those who didn't receive or notice the ad, here's the back of the ad with more information about this fine collector's piece. Notice that "the American Birch stock sports a high gloss finish, which enhances each intricately engraved detail".

BRRifle1.jpg
    [/IMG]

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I saw in the issue of "First Freedom" they were talking about that company and their NRA 1911 and state rifles. Assuming the prices are comparable the price for the rifle in a "French fitted case" is two grand. That was for a Mossberg 4x4 rifle so however this one compares I don't know. Presumably they don't have to kick back any money to Baton Rouge like they do to the NRA on these.

Top Bottom