Rifle Bipod Recommendations

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CP3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2016
    Harahan, LA
    First time post and hello everyone.

I have a browning abolt 30-06 with synthetic stock and I'm looking for recommendations for a practical hunting bipod that I can also use my sling. I hunt both on the ground walking as well as out of stand and have found myself wishing I had one at times.
    Does anyone have something like this that you use and pros/cons. I don't want to break the bank but also don't mind spending a few bucks on quality.
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    First time post and hello everyone.

I have a browning abolt 30-06 with synthetic stock and I'm looking for recommendations for a practical hunting bipod that I can also use my sling. I hunt both on the ground walking as well as out of stand and have found myself wishing I had one at times.
    Does anyone have something like this that you use and pros/cons. I don't want to break the bank but also don't mind spending a few bucks on quality.
    Thanks!

I would suggest using (and practicing) with shooting sticks instead of a bipod. Mounted bi-pods are great for prone shooting but you rarely get an ideal shot that you can utilize one.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...471820494&SubscriptionId=AKIAJO7E5OLQ67NVPFZA

A much cheaper version of a great lightweight bipod. It's not a Atlas but it looks and functions like one until you decide you want different feet for it. I'm enjoying mine
    I run the Atlas on my S.A.S.S. and for the difference in cost, the green blob is fine.

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/97...-picatinny-rail-mount-475-to-9-aluminum-black

26c23aa48c46e31e1ec685bc6306416f.jpg

b9cf5caa6d036169448bb9112fe154de.jpg

But for hunting purposes, I have to agree with Ted. Unless you always hunt in the perfectly set up box stand with a shooting bench by each window, a collapsible shooting stick may serve you better.

Last edited:

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    I would suggest using (and practicing) with shooting sticks instead of a bipod. Mounted bi-pods are great for prone shooting but you rarely get an ideal shot that you can utilize one.

Ditto.

not sure of your blind setup but if you really feel like you need a bipod? Harris BRMS with KMW Podlok.

But would second learning to use a set of shooting sticks.

CP3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2016
    Harahan, LA
    Thanks guys. I haven't thought of the shooting sticks. I'll look into those. Thanks again

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom