rifle pictures thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    Shreveport,LA 71105
    my first build.
    IMG_20131208_170745.jpg

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    u8upu3et.jpg

ytupyhan.jpg

Built this sweet machine the other day. Vltor MUR-1 billet upper, Tactical Innovations T15 BDX billet lower. NiB bolt, 8.5" rainer .300 blackout 416 stainless barrel but I machined a 9" long "flash suppressor" from steel stock that is pinned and welded to barrel (keeps me from SBR stamp). Handguard is a Nordic Components 15.5" (haven't installed rails yet but I have them). Shot it today and my God is this thing accurate! Printed MOA groups with Remington 220 gr. Subs THROUGH my Kestrel .308 suppressor! VERY impressed indeed!

Oh and sorry the pic with the Handguard off (which shows world's longest "flash hider" ) is with a NFA lower I had laying around before the BDX arrived.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    Got a SPS Tactical AAC-SD from Interstate Guns and put it in a Bell & Carlson. The trigger was replaced with a Timney 510. Just waiting on the US Optics LR-17 to arrive.

rem700sps.jpg

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    u8upu3et.jpg

ytupyhan.jpg

Built this sweet machine the other day. Vltor MUR-1 billet upper, Tactical Innovations T15 BDX billet lower. NiB bolt, 8.5" rainer .300 blackout 416 stainless barrel but I machined a 9" long "flash suppressor" from steel stock that is pinned and welded to barrel (keeps me from SBR stamp). Handguard is a Nordic Components 15.5" (haven't installed rails yet but I have them). Shot it today and my God is this thing accurate! Printed MOA groups with Remington 220 gr. Subs THROUGH my Kestrel .308 suppressor! VERY impressed indeed!

Oh and sorry the pic with the Handguard off (which shows world's longest "flash hider" ) is with a NFA lower I had laying around before the BDX arrived.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Just curious, your 308 suppressor screws INTO the flash hider? so there's threading inside of it? What suppressor are you running?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2014
    Lake Charles, LA
    Since I'm new here I figured I'd share a little of my work.

20141006_180952.jpg
    This is my Saiga that I converted to an AK-74m. I have spent around 4 years gathering parts and working on this thing on and off to get it where I wanted. I just picked up the Kobra that's on it. It still needs some minor finishing like selector engravings and some touch ups.

20141004_220046.jpg
    This is my Romanian RPK and my Yugo M70B1 that I built. Both have trench art on the furniture and I've done a battlefield pickup looks with the finish. It's hard to make out in these pictures though.

IMG_9566.jpg
    Here is my Hungarian AMMS(AK-63d) I did a while back. This is one of my favorites. Hungarian parts are machined so nicely.

20140908_211900_HDR.jpg
    My Yugo M72B1 I just finished building. I still have a little more work on the finish to make it looks blued since I can't seem to blue anything to save my life.

20140613_005113.jpg
    This was my buddy's Polish AKM kit that I helped build. He decided he needed to tacticool this build out and even though I'm not a fan of tac'd out AK's, it came out pretty nice. I bent and welded a piston on as the charging handle which was fun.

I'm about halfway through my next build which is a Polish Tantal. It's a pretty bizarre variant and has been fun to work on.

Top Bottom