Right to bear arms at heart of high court case

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 13, 2006
    BR "City of Central"
    For the first time in 70 years, the U.S. Supreme Court will take on the question of whether individual Americans have the right to keep and bear arms or whether it a collective right of the people for service in a state militia.

That question is at the heart of a long, impassioned debate about how much power the government has to keep people from owning guns and it could soon be decided by the U.S. Supreme Court in a case about one of the nation's strictest gun control laws.

Set for arguments on March 18 and with a decision expected by late June, the nation's highest court could resolve once and for all the much-disputed meaning of the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN0722998120080311?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

Anyone hear of this yet? Thoughts?

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Something about cold dead hands comes to mind... :)

I love me some guns, but it's not losing them that scares me, it's what the government will do after they disarm the citizens that scares me. Orwell anyone?

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    This case is worthy of several threads :)

I have good feelings about it. . . but really I can't say for certain how they will rule, and what little ******** other language and terms they'll throw in there to complicate our rights even further.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    HIM who gave it

I posted this on "another" site but its worth repeating

Since this is a GOD given right, I am asking HIM who gave the right to throw a victory in the face of the enemy (those who would take the right).

God has always maintained and supported HIS people. (Granted sometimes not wants but always needs)

This is a NEED. Take guns and gun rights and self-defense rights and the count down is on for Religious freedom, or even religious existence.

Take these rights and we may be all be ordered to worship the Euro god of the day.

If you only pray about important stuff, LOL, step up, it don't get any bigger

Dawg

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    God has always maintained and supported HIS people. (Granted sometimes not wants but always needs)

This is a NEED. Take guns and gun rights and self-defense rights and the count down is on for Religious freedom, or even religious existence.

Well put. This is a need and he is faithful and good :)

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana

Will there be a chance for them to take Religious freedom if they try to take the 2nd A away?

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Well....how did the rights to speech, religious freedom, as well as all the other ones get here?? Had the revolutionists not had guns there would be an Anglican state church in US.

LOL.......don't quote me , I flunked a lot of history and I'm playin catch up at an old age

Can we imagine a country with no guns opposing a Govt with all the guns ??

Can we say Swastika........and Auschweitz.......and lock step jack boots

IMHO the only thing keeping the jack booted thugs from making Waco seem like Ned and the first reader is the fact that it would be very costly...........God only knows to who and how much

Guns not only protect us from criminals

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I couldn't find it online, but the Times Picayune had a decent (for them) write up on the case in today's paper. They acknowledged their fear of an overturn and the possibility of the machine gun laws being ruled unconstitutional.
    Being a leftist paper, the focus of the article was the strife in the administration over a pro 2A letter written by the attorney general to the Supreme Court but it did cover all the basic facts.

As much as I'd like to see it overturned I really wouldn't be all that interested in full auto. Now, a suppressor on the other hand...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom