Rivercenter / Centroplex, posted??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Craig

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 23, 2007
    Denham Springs
    Does anyone know if it's posted?
    I know at some concerts they wand people coming in but what about other types of shows/events?

I'm thinking about taking my 5 year old to the monster trucks this weekend.

melisa

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2006
    Gonzales
    We are going to the Monster Jam this weekend. We have been many times in the past and Jeremy has carried all times....good thing because a hobo scared us once!

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I don't think it's a government building but I do think during rock concerts they have a big sign out front that says all bags are subject to search and (maybe) no firearms. But it's hard to remember. If I'm there it's probably because I'm working and I wouldn't be going in the front door.

My advice is carry until you reach a metal detector/wand/sign. Then turn around and put your gun up if you need to. I keep a can of Freeze +P chemical spray in my truck for situations when I have to put my gun up.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Rivercenter is a gov't building. Don't think you can carry there.

Why would it matter if it was a Gov. building?

Prohibited Locations
    R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) states that no concealed handgun may be carried into and no concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to this Section shall authorize or entitle a permittee to carry a concealed handgun in any of the following:
    A law enforcement office, station, or building;
    A detention facility, prison, or jail;
    A courthouse or courtroom, provided that a judge may carry such a weapon in his own courtroom;
    A polling place;
    A meeting place of the governing authority of a political subdivision;
    The state capitol building;
    Any portion of an airport facility where the carrying of firearms is prohibited under federal law, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, if the firearm is encased for shipment, for the purpose of checking such firearm as lawful baggage;
    Any church, synagogue, mosque or similar place of worship;
    A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity;
    Any portion of the permitted area of an establishment that has been granted a Class A-General retail permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.
    Any school "firearm free zone" as defined in R.S. 14:95.6.
    The provisions of R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) shall not limit the right of a property owner, lessee, or other lawful custodian to prohibit or restrict access of those persons possessing a concealed handgun pursuant to a permit issued under this Section. No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Why would it matter if it was a Gov. building?

Prohibited Locations
    R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) states that no concealed handgun may be carried into and no concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to this Section shall authorize or entitle a permittee to carry a concealed handgun in any of the following:
    A law enforcement office, station, or building;
    A detention facility, prison, or jail;
    A courthouse or courtroom, provided that a judge may carry such a weapon in his own courtroom;
    A polling place;
    A meeting place of the governing authority of a political subdivision;
    The state capitol building;
    Any portion of an airport facility where the carrying of firearms is prohibited under federal law, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, if the firearm is encased for shipment, for the purpose of checking such firearm as lawful baggage;
    Any church, synagogue, mosque or similar place of worship;
    A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity;
    Any portion of the permitted area of an establishment that has been granted a Class A-General retail permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.
    Any school "firearm free zone" as defined in R.S. 14:95.6.
    The provisions of R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) shall not limit the right of a property owner, lessee, or other lawful custodian to prohibit or restrict access of those persons possessing a concealed handgun pursuant to a permit issued under this Section. No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person.

stop posting laws, rules and regulations! lets get back to SPECULATION! :rofl:

Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington

Management and Ownership are two different things.

The Baton Rouge River Center (when built in the late 1970s, it was called the Riverside Centroplex) is a municipally owned multi-purpose 200,000 square feet (20,000 m²) entertainment facility located on the Mississippi River in downtown Baton Rouge, the capital city of Louisiana.

It is maintained by a private management company, SMG, which presents more than five hundred events a year, including concerts, conventions, sporting events, trade shows and theater productions.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    no you cant.... i work ed there and every event i work they wand for knives and guns

rivercenter is owned by the City Parish and managed by SMG

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    :D Roger that.

The East Baton Rouge Parish Library is a gov. buildiing but it's not against the law to carry there it their policy.

Rules Of Behavior For Patrons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The East Baton Rouge Parish Library is a public agency supported by the taxes of the citizens of the parish, and they have the right to expect an atmosphere conducive to study, reading, and the legitimate use of library materials and services. To foster such an environment, patrons must act in a considerate and appropriate manner.

Any behavior that disrupts the orderly use of the library or that affects the staff’s ability to provide service is strictly prohibited. Disruptive behavior is defined as any loud, boisterous, or profane behavior which is inappropriate in an institution established to promote quiet study and the use of library materials.

The following rules have been adopted by the East Baton Rouge Parish Library Board of Control. Library supervisors and staff have been authorized to enforce these regulations and to require patrons who do not comply to leave the library premises.

No guns, knives, or other weapons are permitted on library premises.
    Eating and drinking are not permitted in library facilities unless part of a planned reception or for meeting room use.
    Smoking is not permitted in libraries, in library restrooms, or within 25 feet of a library entrance. Smoking is prohibited within Independence Park.
    The use of chewing tobacco or snuff is not permitted in library facilities.
    Loud, abusive, or vulgar language that is disturbing to patrons and staff will not be tolerated.
    Physical, verbal, or sexual harassment of library patrons or staff will not be tolerated.
    Thievery, vandalism, and fighting will be reported to the police.
    Soliciting, panhandling, and proselytizing will not be permitted.
    Persons appearing to be intoxicated or on drugs will be required to leave.
    Exhibitionism (indecent exposure) and voyeurism (peeping) will be reported to the police.
    Moving furniture, sitting on tables, carrels or bookstacks, and putting feet on furniture are not permitted.
    Bathing, shaving, and washing clothes are not permitted in library restrooms.
    Running, exercising, and lying on the floor are not permitted.
    Gambling is not permitted in library facilities.
    Only four people are allowed at each table, and excessive socializing is not permitted.
    Seating at each study carrel is limited to one person.
    Shoes and shirts must be worn in all library facilities.
    Electronic devices can only be used with earphones at a volume level that cannot be heard by other patrons and staff.

In order to provide safety for patrons and staff and to protect the library, the following items are not to be brought into library facilities:

Weapons of any kind.
    Bedrolls or blankets, plastic trash bags, shopping carts, and large boxes.
    Snakes, birds, or other animals (except service animals) unless part of a special program.
    Alcoholic beverages or drugs.
    Food or drink unless part of a planned activity.
    Skateboards, skates, scooters, and bicycles.

Violation of these rules may result in the suspension of library privileges.

This policy statement replaces and supercedes the policy issued on November 3, 1998, March 12, 2008 and December 22, 2008.

This policy was revised on December 29, 2008

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    The Baton Rouge River Center (when built in the late 1970s, it was called the Riverside Centroplex) is a municipally owned multi-purpose 200,000 square feet (20,000 m²) entertainment facility located on the Mississippi River in downtown Baton Rouge, the capital city of Louisiana.

It is maintained by a private management company, SMG, which presents more than five hundred events a year, including concerts, conventions, sporting events, trade shows and theater productions.
    You are correct in the fact that the building is owned by a governmental entity (the City of Baton Rouge, Parish of East Baton Rouge) - now, back to why... what does that have to do with the relation to whether or not you can carry there? none the law has bee quoted for you once already in this thread.

Craig

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 23, 2007
    Denham Springs
    There was a sign at the entrance on the second level.
    No weapons, drugs, backpacks, missile etc.......

Went back and secured it in my vehicle.

Top Bottom