Robbery Victim in the Quarter tonight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    Took a drive through the Quarter tonight, and hung a left onto Orleans Avenue behind the Cathedral. At Dauphine and Orleans, I see a woman run up to a taxi, screaming help. Taxi just drives off. She then runs to St. Peter screaming help, and back towards Rampart. I follow her, and pull up next to her mid-block. She is covered in blood. I call 911, and tell her to head to the corner by the streetlight. She is hysterical and I can barely hear what she is saying.

Apparently, a white guy and a young white girl robbed her, and then stabbed her multiple times in the head. She was busted up pretty bad, especially under the hairline. Thankfully nothing life threatening. EMS and NOPD got there fairly quickly.

It's just disgusting.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    I work in NOLA in the bywater. I hate the winter because I feel like I'm racing against time trying to get out of the city before night falls.

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    She said she was walking and all they asked was, "Are you from New Orleans?" As soon as she said she wasn't, they started stabbing her and took her backpack. It had all of her cash and other belongings in it.

If this happened close to where I first saw her, this was just a few feet from Tropical Isle and a ton of people.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Apparently, a white guy and a young white girl robbed her,
    Might have been the two people NOPD are looking for that were part of a failed robbery on Sunday.

Witness Grabs Gun After Struggle With Robber
    Police Seek 2 In French Quarter Armed Robbery

A man grabbed a robber’s gun after witnessing a robbery in the 900 block of Toulouse Street on Jan. 15 about 2 a.m.

Police said the victims in the armed robbery were walking when they were approached by a man and woman who brandished a handgun and demanded the victim’s property.

A man who witnessed the robbery approached and confronted the woman robber, police said.

The woman attempted to hide the handgun under a parked car, and after a brief struggle, the man retrieved the gun, police said.

A surveillance camera caught the struggle on Toulouse Street.

In the video, the woman raises her arms and continues to back away from the witness and ultimately flees in a silver car.
    http://www.wdsu.com/news/30242110/detail.html

:)

Last edited:

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    It's sad because I was kind of afraid to help. You never know when it's a set up to make you the victim. But as soon as I saw the blood, I knew it had to be legit.

Hope the perps get what's coming to them quickly.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I hate to sound like a jaded prick.......but I'm a jaded prick. Victims never ever ever tell the truth. I wouldn't doubt she was stabbed but I would suspect there very well could be more to the story.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    She may or may not have had it comming to her, but it seems she was in need of help at the time the OP encountered her.

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    Oh I'm not afraid to say it. She may have exaggerated things. She started milking a limp when EMS took her into the ambulance. But still, she had visible stab wounds all over her face and head.

A lot of these victims wouldn't be victims if they paid attention. Most people there don't pay any attention to their surroundings. They step in front of cars, don't look at the street they're on, and don't look around for who else is on the block. But just because they were being careless, doesn't mean they deserve that.

And the gutter punks, ie. Quarter rats love to stab people. That's their specialty. And they usually ride in groups or pairs of a man and woman.

DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    And that is why I am glad I don't work on Bourbon St anymore. Its getting worse and worse.

Worked on bourbon for almost two years during high school. I wouldn't work down there now if I had to. It is disgusting but obvious victims are obvious. Why was this girl walking around a city she doesn't know (NOLA at that) at night, ALONE? I try not to test the lowlifes that way. You have to be aware of your surroundings at all times.

DontTreadOnMe19

Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 31, 2011
    Poplarville, MS
    Worked on bourbon for almost two years during high school. I wouldn't work down there now if I had to. It is disgusting but obvious victims are obvious. Why was this girl walking around a city she doesn't know (NOLA at that) at night, ALONE? I try not to test the lowlifes that way. You have to be aware of your surroundings at all times.

And you know, having worked there recently (2008-2010), you see the tourists doing it all the time. Wandering all over the city totally oblivious to their surroundings.

JMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2007
    SLIDELL , LA
    It is alot worse down there than many people realize. I work late hours in the French Quarter and see it all the time. Muggings occur multiple times nightly, and many don't get reported. From 3am - 6am it is the wild wild west on Bourbon street, you won't find a police officer anywhere (and the crooks know it).

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    It's crazy how much isn't reported. It's just seeing an actual victim in person wakes you up. Not that it's surprising though. I figured she got mugged as soon as I saw her bleeding.

The whole place needs a new purge, one much stronger than Katrina. Hurricanes and floods don't seem to do it. Maybe a 1788-style fire can.

Top Bottom