Romney is out.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'm voting for Ron Paul in the primary...he's got most of the delegates here, and the LAGOP has a lawsuit against them now for vote tampering. :)

Don't get me wrong, every day I am sick to my stomach over it...I know he wont make it as the Republican nominee, but as long as he is on the ballot he gets my vote.

If he does well with the rest of the Republican primaries, and then runs as a 3rd party...he's actually got a chance.

I know its slim, but its a chance.

His campaign is very wise...they know what they are doing and so far they are doing a really good job considering the almost total blackout by the media.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    If he goes third party he is the biggest douchebag traitor in the world. All he would do is split the vote. He won't win. All he will do is carve off a chunk of the Republican vote. It won't be enough for him to win. No way in hell. It will just be enough to GUARANTEE that Hitlery wins...

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    If he goes third party he is the biggest douchebag traitor in the world.

I disagree, obviously, he'd still be running on his principles and running to win, even if he doesn't. He won't quit as long as his supporters keep pushing him, he's said that already a number of times. This is hard on us too, but we're going to keep pushing for what is good and just.

To me the traitors are the people like McCain who lie about their principles and political positions in order to gain votes, and those that endorse them.

Everyones vote is their own business, I wont judge them based on it, but me voting for McCain would be me being a traitor in my own mind...and as much as I may disagree with my government and politicians at times, the last thing I am or will ever be is a traitor to this nation. I will never dishonor myself like that.

When Americans elect Clinton, Obama, McCain, or Huckabee...they deserve what they get!

Many of us will survive, and we'll be the ones to pick up the pieces in the end.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    McCain is very Pro-Gun

Voted YES on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
    Voted YES on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)
    Voted NO on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
    Voted YES on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999)
    Voted YES on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)

Last edited:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    He's far from very pro-gun, but he has voted for some good gun things. Doesn't make him a good presidential candidate.

Supports ban on certain assault weapons:
    McCain said he was open to voting for an assault weapon ban, depending on the details.
    Source: Los Angeles Times, “McCain Calls for Hearings” Aug 17, 1999
    Ban cheap guns; require safety locks; for gun show checks
    McCain favors outlawing cheaply made handguns called Saturday night specials, and favors mandating safety locks on certain guns. He said he is intrigued by new technology that electronically identifies a person handling a gun, allowing only the owner to fire it. McCain rallied Senate Republicans behind a Democratic measure requiring background checks at gun shows.
    Source: Scott Lindlaw, Associated Press Aug 17, 1999
    In Congress, he pressured his colleagues to require background checks for buyers at guns shows, and he supported a requirement that trigger locks be sold with handguns. Source: Todd S. Purdum, New York Times, p. A14 Aug 17, 1999

p.s.
    That 'electronic identification' is also known as RFID. The National ID card has an RFID chip, so does the new Passport, and 8 drivers licenses...Louisiana's will be very soon. When RFIDs are required we will no longer be a free country.

REAL ID Implementation Delayed

They can store the contents of something like 28 Libraries of Congress, and will have our info on them...easily hacked & tracked by scanners at more than 40ft away. The technology already exists that will allow a company to put an RFID chip into every component of a car, or firearm, so it can read the chip installed inside of its owner, or placed on a card.

For the Christian's on the board...this is the 'Mark of the Beast', in my opinion.

McCain is for a National ID card also known as the 'Real ID'

McCain National ID 'secretly' passed Senate on Friday
    Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Sen. John McCain's amendment 3807 to the 9/11 Commission bill S 2845 was quietly passed late Friday afternoon by "unanimous consent" after much of the Senate had already left for the weekend. This despite a promised debate on the amendment...The version of 3807 passed is very similar to Title VI of the McCain Lieberman bill S 2774, with slight changes that may (or may not) hamper the ability of the Homeland Secretary to throw up checkpoints on highways. The process for standardizing state driver's licenses into a de facto National ID card is still in place; with additional provisions for a rule making process.

I know some people are OK with it, but I'm not.

This is probably a bit dramatic...but software has already been written for its use in various things.

I'm sorry, I just cant buy that he's a better alternative.

Like I said, I don't want someone destroying the nation when they are pretending to be on my side.

2012 rolls around, Clinton & Obama were in power, our nation is in pieces...I'll be able to say "Look what that dumb **** you elected did...how about giving my side a chance?"

Ragin Cajun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    McCain is very Pro-Gun

Voted YES on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
    Voted YES on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)
    Voted NO on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
    Voted YES on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999)
    Voted YES on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Mark my words, there IS another AWB coming, and soon. This time there won't be any sunsetting either.

Get it while you can.

And they *will* try to chip us. Not our driver's licenses, but us. They'll start with the REAL ID and see where it goes from there. Me, i'll keep my DL wrapped in tin foil. I WILL TAKE NO IMPLANTED MICROCHIP.

I don't care if i've got to raise alpacas for a living, I utterly refuse to be chipped like some animal.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Back to the original topic:

I wonder though, out of McKain and Hitlery, who will do the least amount of damage?

If they try to ramrod any gun ban/restriction legislation through, McKain will surely support it. Half the Republican legislators may go along with him just because he calls himself a Republican.

If Hitlery supports it, the Repubs will probably fight her tooth and nail because she is a Dem.

BTW, did anyone see Huckaby's speech on Super Tuesday? "The Second Ammendment is just as important as the First Ammendment." Ok, so he is soft on Illegal Aliens. But he is strong on guns! He will be getting my vote on Saturday. Maybe he can pull it off without Romney in the way and topple McKain. Maybe I am just grasping at straws.....

Forrest

REO
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I vote on principle. A vote for the lesser of two evils supports everything that is wrong with our system.

If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, I'll be voting 3rd party.

If the GOP never has consequences for betraying us, they'll never learn.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Vermi, he stole that full quote from one of my Newsletters.

Ron Paul > Huckabee on 2nd amendment.

Amen Forrest!

Agreed, but he has zero chance of winning the primary. I wish he had done better, I would like him as my President. Huckaby still has a chance for the Repub nomination, be it a slim one.

Write in Ron Paul on election day if you must, but vote Huckaby for the Repub Primary on Saturday (if you are a registered Republican).

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    No way I'm voting for Huckabee, the Primary has very little meaning in reality, the Caucuses and Delegates have been chosen already & Ron Paul did really well in the Caucuses even though there was voter fraud by McCain's people. As long as no one gets 51% of the vote the delegates can vote for whoever they want.

Ron Paul needs people to vote for him so the Media has no choice but to report on it if he does well.

Like I said before, -I'm not voting for someone who claims to represent me when they do not, McCain and Huckabee will destroy the country and will destroy Republican or Conservative candidates chances of winning elections for the next 30+ years. If A Liberal or Democrat destroys the country then THEY look bad and I am not a Liberal or Democrat...so I don't want them ruling this nation for the next 30+ years.-

Most voters are 18-30ish now...they are young and mostly democrat, as are the elderly.
    If we, conservative type, want to elect another president with our beliefs anytime in the future...a Democrat will have to be our next President. Ron Paul has almost no chance, and he's our only chance if we want future presidents with our beliefs.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    4 years from now will be too late. If Hillary or Obama get in, there will be an AWB and likely without a sunset clause. And McCain or Huckabee cannot possibly do any more damage to the party than has already been done.
    Look, I AM A LIBERTARIAN. I think Ron Paul has great ideas. BUT HE WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT. All he will do is hand the election to Hillary. And frankly I don't care about the next 30 years, only the next 4. A vote for Ron Paul is a vote ensuring Hillary/Obama get in office, therefore A VOTE FOR RON PAUL IS A VOTE FOR AN AWB...

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Most voters are 18-30ish now...they are young and mostly democrat, as are the elderly.
    Sorry, but the 18-30 demographic always has the absolute lowest turnout of any group. And no, the elderly consistently vote more conservative...
    a Democrat will have to be our next President. Ron Paul has absolutely no chance...
    Fixed that for you. ;)

Last edited:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    BR you're thinking about southerners...Florida, NE & West coast elderly are mostly Democrat.

Also, the 18-30 demographic is -historically- the lowest turn out, but this year is different. Some precincts are reporting up to 72% turnout for their democratic voters.

Young people are voting this year...this is the exception to that general trend.

a Democrat will have to be our next President. Ron Paul has almost no chance, and he's our only chance if we want future

I had to fix it back...he's in the race, he's got more money than any republican, and he's got more passionate supporters than anyone else...he's got -almost- no chance...but its not absolute.

Ragin Cajun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    Huckabee has said that he supports a federal smoking ban, too. Before I saw that I *might* have voted for him on the lesser evil concept..but i'll fight for my Camels before I'll fight for my guns. Those things keep me out of prison.

Top Bottom